News   Apr 25, 2024
 280     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 898     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 915     0 

Bradford Bypass (MTO, Hwy 400 - Hwy 404)

Does anyone see the possibility that this gets extended west through Orangeville and on to KW/Guelph?

Does anyone see the possibility that this gets extended west through Orangeville and on to KW/Guelph?
Not much with 413 in the works.

If 413 end up stopped and then gets revived There's probably probably a discussion to be had about pulling it's eastern end north, but honestly, demand being what it is, development where it is and the need for a new corridor east of the 404 as low as it is... 413, Bradford and progressive 404 extension probably is more reasonable than trying to create another complete corridor north of the 407.

Although with all that said, I'll admit that all bets are off if we ever get serious about a new freight corridor across York Region... Although even if that happens I'm inclined to think that forcing the 413 further east seems more likely than extending the Bypass.

I would prefer something that far north as a bypass to Toronto since it wouldn't induce sprawl in the same way 413 would. Something Guelph, Orangeville, Bradford, Lindsay, Peterborough that would allow traffic that has nothing to do with Toronto to stay out of Toronto. Not something that ranks higher than railway alternatives though.

Looking at Doane Rd and 404 on Google Satalite view, I am wondering why this interchange is not built to completion? It looks to be like 80% complete as is. The amount of time, money and effort looks miniscule compared to what has been done to this point.

Looking at Doane Rd and 404 on Google Satalite view, I am wondering why this interchange is not built to completion? It looks to be like 80% complete as is. The amount of time, money and effort looks miniscule compared to what has been done to this point.
Check post #75.

Back