News   Apr 22, 2024
 805     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 268     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 683     0 

Rishi Sunak's United Kingdom

Boris Johnson was photographed with a suspected Russian spy who called him a 'good friend'

Adam Bienkov, Business Insider US
Nov 26, 2019, 10:38 AM

• Boris Johnson's links to Russia have come under the spotlight since his decision to block the publication of a report into Russian election interference.
  • Johnson has previously been pictured meeting two suspected Russian spies.
  • One of the men was a key figure in establishing links between Russia and Johnson's Conservative party and described Johnson as a "good friend."
  • Another figure pictured with Johnson was named in the FBI's Russian Trump investigation.
  • Johnson's party has reportedly accepted donations from 9 Russian figures with links to the Russian government.

Nicola Sturgeon: Boris Johnson is 'dangerous and unfit for office'

Manifesto aims to persuade voters SNP is leading anti-Tory force in Scottish politics
Severin Carrell Scotland editor
Wed 27 Nov 2019 07.46 GMT

Why is this POS still trending towards a majority government in the UK? I could say, "how did he ever get this far," but I do live in the city of Rob Ford and the province of Doug, so I guess I won't.
Imagine his only real opposition was the ndp run by a guy who looks like a hobo...

That is why

The mainstream media give a false impression as unpopular as Johnson is...his opponent is far less liked.

Imagine his only real opposition was the ndp run by a guy who looks like a hobo...

That is why

The mainstream media give a false impression as unpopular as Johnson is...his opponent is far less liked.
Yes, the choice in UK is dreadful - Johnson is lying buffoon and Corbyn (and some of his supporters) are too left wing for many and the Liberal Democrats have a very unexciting leader in Jo Swinson. If you are in favour of Brexit you will be drawn to Johnson, if you are opposed you would not but .... Our politicians (and politics) have got obvious failings but ....

1574915898140.png

As we found out time and again, the electorate are never infallible.

AoD

Worth adding though, assuming the results end up in line w/the last poll; (Cons 43, Labour 33, Lib Dems 13, SNP 4, Brexit 3, Green 3), that as a proxy for Brexit, the Anti-Brexit parties will have a majority (of the vote).

That works out to Remain 53, Leave 46.

While we're at it, lets note that if you shift the percentage by a mere 3 points at the top, to 40-36, its likely another hung parliament.

Based on this site, we're looking at 9-seat majority for Boris, with a week to go.

326 being the number needed for a majority in the UK parliament.

Last edited:
I honestly can't believe those numbers. Wtf is going on over there? Before the election was called, it looked as if both the Conservatives and Labour were (rightly in my opinion, the dinosaurs) slipping hard. Now they're running those kinds of numbers? 43% for a smarter and better Trump-led party and 33% for a posse of anti-Semitic wannabe tinpot authoritarians?
That's 76% messed up.

This election is going to be brutal. If you think Canada is "divided", check this shit out next week.
Regardless of what the outcome is, the place is just going to continue being Remainers and Leavers going at each other whilst NI slides back into a sort of violence purgatory by way of political deadlock, Scotland's leadership by and large keeps scoping out the best door to use to run the hell away from the madhouse and into the arms of the continent, and now there's even grumblings of Welsh seperation which is probably analogous to our own "Wexit" nonsense, but would, unlike "Wexit" be a rather new phenomenon if it ever got any proppa traction.

Leaving the EU is a mistake that is in the opposite direction that humanity is heading. Those idiots running the Brexit show (as opposed to the woefully ignorant or desperate supporters of such) are going to cause the final downfall of a once mighty and proud nation. Best of luck to them trying to go it alone in a world that is increasingly moving towards a political unity (settle down, not in our lifetimes).

I honestly can't believe those numbers. Wtf is going on over there? Before the election was called, it looked as if both the Conservatives and Labour were (rightly in my opinion, the dinosaurs) slipping hard. Now they're running those kinds of numbers? 43% for a smarter and better Trump-led party and 33% for a posse of anti-Semitic wannabe tinpot authoritarians?
That's 76% messed up.

This election is going to be brutal. If you think Canada is "divided", check this shit out next week.
Regardless of what the outcome is, the place is just going to continue being Remainers and Leavers going at each other whilst NI slides back into a sort of violence purgatory by way of political deadlock, Scotland's leadership by and large keeps scoping out the best door to use to run the hell away from the madhouse and into the arms of the continent, and now there's even grumblings of Welsh seperation which is probably analogous to our own "Wexit" nonsense, but would, unlike "Wexit" be a rather new phenomenon if it ever got any proppa traction.

Leaving the EU is a mistake that is in the opposite direction that humanity is heading. Those idiots running the Brexit show (as opposed to the woefully ignorant or desperate supporters of such) are going to cause the final downfall of a once mighty and proud nation. Best of luck to them trying to go it alone in a world that is increasingly moving towards a political unity (settle down, not in our lifetimes).
I don't know why Britain wants to leave the EU.
You didn't see the Czechs and Slovaks try to separate.
You didn't see Yugoslavia split up.
Serbia and Montenegro stayed together.

I don't know why Britain wants to leave the EU.
You didn't see the Czechs and Slovaks try to separate.
You didn't see Yugoslavia split up.
Serbia and Montenegro stayed together.

Czechs and Slovaks seperated yet have open borders with each other and are very close socially and were anyways two distinct nations within Czechoslovakia from the start (well, from after emanciapation from the Austro-Ugric overlords and on through Nazi and Commie swine occupation.
Yugoslavia split up in a torrent of madness. Most of Yugoslavia is now in the EU or on its way in.

Why did Serbia and Montenegro recently split?

Did you have a point?

If you're comparing the genocidal mania of the split of Yugoslavia to why Britain (half-ish of it anyway) wants to leave the EU then I'm not sure where you're coming from at all. The two are not analogous in any way.

The split of Czechoslovakia might be a bit more comparable to Brexit. It all sort of happened for some of the same reasons the Leavers keep moaning about. That being said, no one I know of either Czech or Slovak origin (by the way, I'm of that place so I know more than a few) think anything of it nor did they clamour for it like the mad Leavers are going on about it.

So, please enlighten me (I know you hate answering questions becaue you still haven't answered mine about if you have ever worked for a living..I'll never forget.....I had to deduce that you may be an engineer or something) as to why you think "Britain wants to leave the EU". Perhaps I'm ill-informed on the matter.

Czechs and Slovaks seperated yet have open borders with each other and are very close socially and were anyways two distinct nations within Czechoslovakia from the start (well, from after emanciapation from the Austro-Ugric overlords and on through Nazi and Commie swine occupation.
Yugoslavia split up in a torrent of madness. Most of Yugoslavia is now in the EU or on its way in.

Why did Serbia and Montenegro recently split?

Did you have a point?

If you're comparing the genocidal mania of the split of Yugoslavia to why Britain (half-ish of it anyway) wants to leave the EU then I'm not sure where you're coming from at all. The two are not analogous in any way.

The split of Czechoslovakia might be a bit more comparable to Brexit. It all sort of happened for some of the same reasons the Leavers keep moaning about. That being said, no one I know of either Czech or Slovak origin (by the way, I'm of that place so I know more than a few) think anything of it nor did they clamour for it like the mad Leavers are going on about it.

So, please enlighten me (I know you hate answering questions becaue you still haven't answered mine about if you have ever worked for a living..I'll never forget.....I had to deduce that you may be an engineer or something) as to why you think "Britain wants to leave the EU". Perhaps I'm ill-informed on the matter.
Point is that Regions and countries are becoming more unified on trade, but also separating when diverse cultures are too difficult to assemble in a single country. It may just happen with Canada as well - and when it does, there will likely be better East-West free trade than exists now.

Back