News   Mar 28, 2024
 120     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Not sure where to post this, hence leaving this here: new render from First Capital for 84 Yorkville ave (the location that was burnt down few years ago).

View attachment 65466

Please remove if this has been posted before.

Correct -- the new new Louboutin will feature 2,625 square feet of retail space over the first and second floors, as well as a 1,230 square foot basement that will be used for storage/back room operations. Louboutin took possession of the space today to begin construction, and the store opens late spring/early summer: http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2016/2/christian-louboutin. The store will have some sort of garden in the back we're told.

First Capital Realty is also looking at rebuilding 106 Yorkville Avenue, particularly as retailers such as Tom Ford and Brunello Cucinelli have expressed interest in these spaces. 84 has seen less interest but should still be considered prime space. Watch for a few more announcements on the street.

Not sure where to post this, hence leaving this here: new render from First Capital for 84 Yorkville ave (the location that was burnt down few years ago).

View attachment 65466

Please remove if this has been posted before.

Wow, finally something planned for that location. A friend of mine had a clothing store there many years ago, it was called SUM. It changed a few times after he closed his shop. I can't believe it has been so long since the fire before hearing anything about this site.

A few more restaurants with patios, a few more high end stores and more greenery and yorkville will look sumptuous

It appears as if Stuart Weitzman is closing (no great loss).
http://www.cbre.ca/AssetLibrary/ArlinMarkowitz-151BloorWestFlyer.pdf

That leaves Stuart Weitzman, NineWest, The Pottery Barn part of 100 Bloor + Chanel and Sephora's old spaces for lease in the Colonnade*

*This assumes Sephora is moving to the old Porsche + Guess space and Gucci takes over Hermes after they move next to Holts. I'm also assuming that Dior + Cucinelli (and perhaps others like Longchamp/Ferragamo) are going to Yorkville.

Anyone know what is happening for the art piece that was supposed to go at Bloor and Yonge north east corner. There was construction a few summers back and then it stopped and it's now paved over with asphalt instead of the granite pavers.

It appears as if Stuart Weitzman is closing (no great loss).
http://www.cbre.ca/AssetLibrary/ArlinMarkowitz-151BloorWestFlyer.pdf

That leaves Stuart Weitzman, NineWest, The Pottery Barn part of 100 Bloor + Chanel and Sephora's old spaces for lease in the Colonnade*

*This assumes Sephora is moving to the old Porsche + Guess space and Gucci takes over Hermes after they move next to Holts. I'm also assuming that Dior + Cucinelli (and perhaps others like Longchamp/Ferragamo) are going to Yorkville.

This brochure for 151 Bloor includes a map of retailers along Bloor, indicating the old Guess/Porsche space to be the "Future Sephora"

Anyone know what is happening for the art piece that was supposed to go at Bloor and Yonge north east corner. There was construction a few summers back and then it stopped and it's now paved over with asphalt instead of the granite pavers.

When they dug down, they found that the roof of the 2 Bloor East basement was in bad shape and that it would have to be fixed before a heavy art piece was installed. What has happened to correct the situation since? Nothing that we know of.

Stuart Weitzman is more of a mall store, they're suffering from the same brand problem as Coach - brand dilution from over expansion.

Bloor/Yorkville will be interesting in the coming years. You'll have massive flagship stores on Bloor as some of the mid-market retailers exit. You'll have more finely grained luxury retail within Yorkville itself as some of the spaces consolidate. It'll look very sharp I bet.

Stuart Weitzman is more of a mall store, they're suffering from the same brand problem as Coach - brand dilution from over expansion.

Bloor/Yorkville will be interesting in the coming years. You'll have massive flagship stores on Bloor as some of the mid-market retailers exit. You'll have more finely grained luxury retail within Yorkville itself as some of the spaces consolidate. It'll look very sharp I bet.

They're owned by the same people, anyway. I hope Stuart Weitzman isn't going to close too soon. I have two pairs of shoes I ordered at a trunk show a few months ago and it's not expected until March or even April (my feet are very small and it's difficult for me to buy shoes just by walking into a store)!

This brochure for 151 Bloor includes a map of retailers along Bloor, indicating the old Guess/Porsche space to be the "Future Sephora"

Yup -- same broker as Clarks (good guesses everyone). I was asked not to discuss Sephora's new location but Arlin's brochure had it in there, so it's out now. Watch for Sephora to make major moves in Toronto this year -- they're actually calling it the "Toronto Takeover". If anyone is interested, I have a list of locations and projected sales numbers (CF Toronto Eaton Centre's expanded location is projected to do $32mill in 2016 -- second-highest in N.America) and Sephora plans to do $150 mill in the GTA in 2017.

Last edited:
Yup -- same broker as Clarks (good guesses everyone). I was asked not to discuss Sephora's new location but Arlin's brochure had it in there, so it's out now. Watch for Sephora to make major moves in Toronto this year -- they're actually calling it the "Toronto Takeover". If anyone is interested, I have a list of locations and projected sales numbers (CF Toronto Eaton Centre's expanded location is projected to do $32mill in 2016 -- second-highest in N.America) and Sephora plans to do $150 mill in the GTA in 2017.

I'm actually interested in this, please do tell. Also, what kind of square footage are we looking at for the new Bloor location?

Anyone know what this could be for? I'm not sure which units these are.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started
TORONTO ON M5S 2X9
Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 16 116450 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 22, 2016
Project: Retail Store Interior Demolition
Description: Proposal for interior demolition - back to base build - in retail units CRU 9, 10, 11.

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=3902231

Anyone know what this could be for? I'm not sure which units these are.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started
TORONTO ON M5S 2X9
Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 16 116450 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 22, 2016
Project: Retail Store Interior Demolition
Description: Proposal for interior demolition - back to base build - in retail units CRU 9, 10, 11.

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=3902231

I think it's one of the stores in the covered walkway leading to Cumberland.

Back