News   Nov 13, 2019
 1K     5 
News   Nov 13, 2019
 4.1K     15 

Bloor Street West Bike Lanes

confusion

Member Bio
Reaction score
If anyone didn't hear about the bike ride today for bike lanes on Bloor Street West, then here are some pictures.

Everyday the downtown core becomes more and more congested. Get out of your car. Please. Save the environment, save your health, and ride a bike.

Feel free to add your own pictures from the ride.

Attachments

West End Boy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Great photos. I couldn't make it to the ride, but glad that it was such a success.

I haven't heard much about the odds of getting lanes put in on Bloor. Can anyone give an update?

vic

Member Bio
Reaction score
Great photos. I couldn't make it to the ride, but glad that it was such a success.

I haven't heard much about the odds of getting lanes put in on Bloor. Can anyone give an update?
Apparently the City is now studying the idea between at least Royal York and the Don. I'm not sure of the exact boundaries. There are certainly difficulties through many parts of the city....including Yorkville which is being redesigned now but no bike lanes are planned.

The best source of info on this issue is probably the http://takethetooker.ca/ site.

-Vic

andrewpmk

Member Bio
Reaction score
The fact that "bike lanes" are still a "pilot project" and the fact this thread dates from 2008 means that this is clearly a joke. Hopefully council realizes that riding a bicycle on Bloor Street is dangerous.

the lemur

Member Bio
Reaction score
The fact that "bike lanes" are still a "pilot project" and the fact this thread dates from 2008 means that this is clearly a joke. Hopefully council realizes that riding a bicycle on Bloor Street is dangerous.
With bike lanes, it won't be. Seriously, if you find the idea of people getting around on bike that distressing, Andrew, maybe move to Kingston or something.

andrewpmk

Member Bio
Reaction score
COLLISION - Peter St and Richmond St. report of a cyclist struck, suspect vehicle black jeep, last seen NB. Any info call 4168081900 ^cb

Yet again.

andrewpmk

Member Bio
Reaction score
How many accidents have there been in the few months of existence of the "separated bike lanes" on Richmond and Adelaide?

torontologist

Member Bio
Reaction score
How many accidents have there been in the few months of existence of the "separated bike lanes" on Richmond and Adelaide?
Ah, so then you must be a fan of more permanent concrete buffers separating traffic from the bike lanes, rather than flimsy posts! Agreed. We should have them on Bloor as well. In fact, on every street downtown.

the lemur

Member Bio
Reaction score
You mean collisions? One on Richmond at Spadina in September, maybe 2 or 3 on Adelaide.

Are you putting separated bike lanes in quotes like they're not real, or do you just not know how quotation marks work?