Votes: 43 25.3%
  • Missisauga

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Niagara Falls

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
If you're judging by the quality of the buildings, than yes, but the actual skyline (meaning outline against the sky) is nicely proportioned IMO.

Skyline-lady%20with%20baby.jpg

Huh? Still looks pretty generic to me. Or at least, there comes a point where such judgment becomes skyline savantism...

Montreal. The building heights aren't spectacular, but the skyline has more variation and history than Vancouver and it trails off into high Victorian townhouse neighbourhoods that rival Brooklyn.

Montreal for me. Vancouver has an amazing setting, but Montreal has the kind of North American big city look I like. Every view of the Calgary skyline I see seems to have some suburban housing or wide open area in the foreground. Edmonton and Hamilton look too communist (and Hamilton's is unbalanced). Winnipeg's not bad, but not big enough, London would be good but it's all spread out. It's hard for me to find anything to like about Mississauga, KW or Niagara Falls. Quebec is beautiful, but not because of its "skyline". Ottawa actually seems like somebody took a huge chainsaw and lopped the tops of all the buildings off. This is all just nitpicking though, most Canadian cities have decent skylines for their size.

Some different angles of Hamilton
p2.jpg

00112.jpg

I like the core of Hamilton much better than the skyline as a whole.
00124.jpg

Vancouver can be pretty awesome....pic by T Power at flickr....

2477719582_9665ea10e9_b.jpg

Hamilton's actually quite good, and it's a little like Montreal's, i.e. best appreciated from "up above" (i.e. from the Mountain, just like Montreal's best appreciated from Mount Royal...)

Vancouver. It looks twice as tall than it actually is from most angles.

Back