News   Apr 22, 2024
 808     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 271     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 684     0 

Bay Station Yorkville Park Subway Entrance Reno.

Interesting. I look forward to something that doesn't suck.

I like the current one, it has alot of charm, however it is discusting. But I don't want to see something in the recent stylings of the TTC- as seen on the sheppard subway, and any new signs. They need to start using their old font again.

With the Sheppard Subway, the old font made a comeback, at least for the station names at platform level, and here, and and the large station names above entrances, should be used exclusively. However, directional signs should really be in an easy-to-read font, though I love the B-D stations and their exclusive use of the old font on the old metal signs (my favourite being Keele's complex metal signage at platform level).

But only use Helvetica and the TTC font, don't mix things up more than that, and be consistant in the use of each. I hate the station names in the Yonge station redos from Union to College, and Rosedale through Davisville, and the Spadina Line.

A little advice: don't use a colour scheme like on the W entrance to Spadina Station...

Oh, oh, I hope they do one of their Disney re-dos on this one. So: if Museum gets covered with mummies and sphinxes, and Osgoode gets covered in music or somesuch, what do we fill Yorkville station with?

Just cover the entrance in a mound of concrete, and it would fit in with the rest of the "glacial rocks" in Yorkville park.

Back