News   Apr 18, 2024
 708     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.4K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Has anyone heard if a retail store or restaurant will be occupying the historical fascade section on the first floor of the building?

Eeep - I'm not really a fan of the concrete bases on those new streetlights. I wonder why the anchor bolts couldn't have been at grade?

The LED lights look pretty cool, and are much better integrated than the similar lighting system that was installed in Commerce Court West's new security/concerierge desk. That desk is made of white marble which doesn't at all fit in with CCW's grey granite.

is the LED lighting going to be on the east side as well?

The east side lobby is not really visable due to the historic facade.

My Duh - I was thinking of the Norths side. However the east side has the elevator bay openings and no visable artwork at this time.

Last edited:
The east side lobby is not really visable due to the historic facade.

what do you mean? the facade faces north and west from what i recall.

looking back through drum's photos, doesn't look like there's anything happening on the east side. too bad, would've been a nice place to put something since there's gonna be that plaza where you could view it from.

The lighting should have been on top of the building so everyone could see it.

I would guess that a lot more people walk by the lobby on street level each day than crane their necks up to check out the skyline at night, although I could be wrong.

I love the entire lobby. It feels like an art gallery to me. Very much on display for everyone to see. From the LED lighting to the east side, with it's huge archways framed in black.

They change in random patterns every couple seconds.
dsc01660o.jpg

Nice picture, Geekaroo - I can't see it here:(, but I can see it as the pic of the day. It's better than the similar shot I took yesterday.:)

Eeep - I'm not really a fan of the concrete bases on those new streetlights. I wonder why the anchor bolts couldn't have been at grade?

I was wondering if they are going to cover the sides of the concrete bases with granite and make the light standards blend in relatively seamlessly with the sidewalk. Otherwise, I agree that the bases are really quite ugly.

I walked by BA on the way home last night, which happened to be after sunset. The LEDs look absolutely fantastic. They're extremely visible, and bathe the enitre width of Adeliade in a coloured glow. Very, very cool.

^Agreed. In addition, together with the public art lighting to go up on the corner of Trump Tower across the street, this is going to be a very interesting and possibly beautiful intersection at night when viewed from the right perspective.

Back