News   Apr 24, 2024
 610     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 829     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 547     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

BA - 1 million sq feet
SP - 2.1 million sq feet
FCP - 2.8 million sq feet

Scotiaplaza and FCP are in another league, no other buildings will ever be built that big again, at least not in Toronto. Hong Kong, sure they will build something that big every year, maybe twice. Toronto, no way!

Such Doom and Gloom.Why do you say that when Torontos office vacancy is at the lowest in years.

Bay-Adelaide Center from University Ave

dsc05051800x600zx1.jpg

dsc05044800x600yj3.jpg

BA - 1 million sq feet
SP - 2.1 million sq feet
FCP - 2.8 million sq feet

Scotiaplaza and FCP are in another league, no other buildings will ever be built that big again, at least not in Toronto. Hong Kong, sure they will build something that big every year, maybe twice. Toronto, no way!

FCP - 30 years ago....

SP - 21 years ago..

I'm not saying it won't happen again, but we may be walking with canes when it eventually does happen.

Except that you did say it. ;)

While the cost to build does go up considerably past 50 floors of office, It is still very possible that we will see another building in the 60's or 70s

Trump is not a commercial building.

The statement was implying that no other building in Toronto will ever be built as high as Scotia/FCP again. I'd be so much happier and prouder if building design was of higher quality here as opposed to height, although there are a few promising projects on tap plus a few recently built. I guess I just don't understand the statement that Toronto will never see a 1000+ footer.
Thankfully, BA is one of many buildings I'm glad isn't higher than it is.

Wake up guys!!! We're not idoits here.

The chances are next to zero we will ever see a building the size of FCP or Scotiaplaza built in Toronto in our lifetimes.

FCP was built 33 years ago........................

good loard.

Cal you lose your rose coloured glasses?

The Manulife development was mentioned by VofE in a post that also contained a number of subsequently confirmed developments

The same VofE that kept telling us Sapphire was going to start development how many times?

I'm with Cal on this one. I think it is much more likely that we'll see a series of 50-55 storey office towers filling in the pyramid before we see another peak dot the skyline. I say this without consulting my crystal ball and with a large desire to see a new signature tower to replace FCP (298m) as the dominante office building. The current market probably can't withstand that much more office space and 1BE, Trump and Aura will probably keep the mantle pretty high for condos for the next long while. I, however, would love to be wrong.

Fantasy time: how awesome would it be if 2IFC (415m, Hong Kong) suddenly replaced the 15-storey building at the intersection of Front and York and University? Or wouldn't a FCP and Scotia look better joined with 311 S. Wacker Drive (Chicago, 293m) build somewhere close to the MINT?

Wake up guys!!! We're not idoits here.

The chances are next to zero we will ever see a building the size of FCP or Scotiaplaza built in Toronto in our lifetimes.

FCP was built 33 years ago........................

good loard.

I don't know man, I'm planning to live a pretty long time.

Lots can change, even in a decade. Ten years ago it would have been hard to imagine a 50-storey office tower being built.

I predict that 10 years from now there will be an over 1000 foot office tower under construction.

Where Telus is going would've been the best site for a 1000 footer. The site next door to the west is also good. Hopefully the current proposal dies so we can keep hoping.

Back