News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 332     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

haha...

I'm just trying to predict the "good news".

It's obviously "good news" by reading Tuscani's post, you can see how excited the guy is.

so spill the beans already.

Perhaps the news is they plan to immortalize the old stump by massing it on top of the roof for future generations to look up and gaze upon with awe and childish wonderment.

Lets hope the real news is an increase in height or a firm start date for the second tower.

What I hope it's NOT:

The developer decides the project is uneconomic, and halts construction, leaving us with 'Stump, version 2'

Bill

BA and Trump to be joined by skybridges!

BA to be clad with cellophane!

BA top 20 floors to be engineered by the good people who brought you Jenga!

BA offices to open at 8 PM, close at 8 AM to take advantage of off-peak electricity pricing!

BA to get direct access to sole station on new Adelaide subway line!

BA to have beer tap in every washroom!

...well, the other guesses, including mine, were starting to look too obvious.

A new rendering or a new design? Can they really change the design after construction has already started? The ads all over despict the current rendering so it seems a waste to run off new ones.

Perhaps the news is they plan to immortalize the old stump by massing it on top of the roof for future generations to look up and gaze upon with awe and childish wonderment.

I think that would be more appropriate for the Trump tower. It would move the stump from its original site, but think of all the pros:

- An eyesore to block the views of the big shots on the top floors of Scotia, to rub it in.
- Trump + stump + onion = supertall without even resorting to architectural extravagances like a flagpole!
- Makes up for the lost floors when Trump circumcised the building.
- It would be like the skyscraper version of Trump's hair.

Tuscani spilled some beans at SSC

- It will be a design change. ( No change to the number of stories)

oh well...

At least the guys at brookfield read this forum.

alkay you still on for that bet as to which tower will turn out better?

I have not seen the new design but good point. I reserve the right to take my imaginary money off the table if the design is decent. ;)

(but is this confirmation that the present design is, well, blah as all heck?)

A design change can still be good, leaving aside the possibility of the building looking better. A more impressive roof element would add some height, at least.

Bill

Back