1.2K     2 

Battle of the Mattresses: Casper vs. ENDY

Which mattress brand do you prefer?

• Total voters

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
Casper: http://casper.com/canada ($65 off with the code "TORONTO")
ENDY: http://ca.endysleep.com ($50 off with the code "TTC" (note that $65 off coupons are handed out in ENDY's showroom at Queen and Bathurst))

Read here: http://themadmix.com/new-approach-mattress-buying-casper-vs-endy-sleep/

It would be interesting to see which mattress is more popular, as both advertise in the TTC at the same time and are both competing hipster mattresses with rave reviews; both are advertised as the "perfect" mattress; yes, both sell multi-layered foam mattresses. Both offer a 100-night trial and have free shipping.

Please vote in the above poll and state your rationale.

Last edited:
Can't speak to Casper, but we got an Endy about eight months ago or so and it's been amazing. Best sleep of my life, and way better than our previous latex mattress. One thing my wife was worried about was edge support (whether you couldn't sleep right near the edge or you'd be more likely to slide off, which was an issue with our previous mattress) but it's not a problem at all. We also got a money off coupon (I think it was $75) by visiting their showroom.

Another funny thing was that it was delivered by a guy on a bike (he towed it in a wagon thing attached to the back of the bike)...he was crazy sweaty (it was a hot day) and not in a great mood when he got here, but delivery was pretty convenient for us, at least.

Apparently, major mattress retailers, such as Hudson's Bay and Sears, are known to inflate their listed regular prices to make their sales prices look more impressive.

Upstart independent mattress manufacturers, such as Casper and Endy, are much more transparent when it comes to mattress prices.

I want a mattress with springs and traditional 20-year life components, not decompressed foam layers.

To me, the Casper/Endy model seems like the new futon, the bed bought by young folks until they graduate to a proper bed.

Last edited:
I want a mattress with springs and traditional 20-year life components, not decompressed foam layers.

To me, the Casper/Endy model seems like the new futon, the bed bought by young folks until they graduate to a proper bed.

Have you ever tried a memory foam mattress? It's nothing like a futon (I had a futon in university and an Endy now, and they're nothing alike other than the fact that they both don't use springs, I suppose). The mattress review website Sleep Like The Dead puts overall owner satisfaction for memory foam mattresses highest at 80% (just ahead of latex and regular foam, both at 79%). Innerspring mattresses are well in last place at 64%.

If you're sticking with innerspring mattresses because they're all you've ever known, you might want to check out what else is out there. You could be surprised.

Have you ever tried a memory foam mattress? It's nothing like a futon (I had a futon in university and an Endy now, and they're nothing alike other than the fact that they both don't use springs, I suppose). The mattress review website Sleep Like The Dead puts overall owner satisfaction for memory foam mattresses highest at 80% (just ahead of latex and regular foam, both at 79%). Innerspring mattresses are well in last place at 64%.

If you're sticking with innerspring mattresses because they're all you've ever known, you might want to check out what else is out there. You could be surprised.
Even waterbeds and air-filled mattresses have higher average satisfaction than spring mattresses! Yet, waterbeds are extremely difficult to find these days (and some condos prohibit water-filled furniture).

The Sleep Like The Dead reviewers need to try ENDY mattresses (they're becoming available in the United States).

Last edited:
You might be right. However I like products that last, and last. My car is rust-year and reliable at 17 years old, my motorcycle is 48 years old, kitchen and laundry appliances from the late 1990s, bicycle and power tools are from the 1980s, my current innerspring mattress (25 year guarantee), along most of my furniture is 19 years old and going strong. My sense is that these compressed foam mattresses are designed like most things today, to last about five years, though I see Casper offers a ten year guarantee, so that's a good sign.

You can see that these compressed foam e-com firms are trying to disrupt the "big mattress" biz. It reminds of the how Dollar Shave Club, Harrys, and the like disrupted "big shave", until Gillette bought the former. On shaving, instead of looking forward on how to fix "big shave's" ridiculously overpriced business model, I looked backwards to how things were done before, and bought a 1957 "made in Britain" Gillette Rocket DE Safety razor and puck of shave soap, and never looked back. So, analogous to shaving, perhaps I need to go back to beds our grandparents used, without the compressed foam or today, or the over the top complicated innerspring beds, and return to a traditional two-sided mattress https://www.stlbeds.com/product-category/mattresses/two-sided-mattresses/ or maybe a feather bed backed with straw, lol

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back