News   Apr 19, 2024
 423     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 749     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 759     1 

Barrie Collingwood Railway (BCRY)

Saw something Really Rare today, I Saw a CN train at the Allendale station about 2 minutes ago with 5 railcars, They had a Gp9 rm and an SD 40-2w on the consist. Im pretty sure its for BCRY and also I guess then run this late due to GO using the line during day.

I wonder if it is leased power. As far as I know, BCR only has a single GP9. Maybe it was in for snow tires.

The fact that outside of the Corridor we have horrilble train service, even before Covid, really speaks to this.
That does surprise me. You would think GO buses would go to places like Orillia, Midland, Wasaga and Collingwood.

Although I haven't seen numbers, Simcoe County has done a fairly successful roll-out of its Linx bus network. I don't know if they plan to add/move Barrie stops to GO Allendale or new proposed bus terminal. It seems GOs mandate is focused on commuting (not simply travelling) to Toronto. ONT goes to Orillia - it doesn't seems to make much sense to have two publicly-owned carriers compete with each other.

I wonder if it is leased power. As far as I know, BCR only has a single GP9. Maybe it was in for snow tires.

Although I haven't seen numbers, Simcoe County has done a fairly successful roll-out of its Linx bus network. I don't know if they plan to add/move Barrie stops to GO Allendale or new proposed bus terminal. It seems GOs mandate is focused on commuting (not simply travelling) to Toronto. ONT goes to Orillia - it doesn't seems to make much sense to have two publicly-owned carriers compete with each other.

The Simcoe County Barrie-Wasaga Beach bus runs from Allandale already, though it doesn't have weekend or evening service yet. (The Wasaga Beach-Collingwood bus does.)

I would really like to see the Simcoe County Linx buses from Midland and Orillia continue to the Allandale terminal as well (they terminate at the hospital and Georgian College), especially as there's no fare integration with Barrie Transit.

Does ONT go to Allendale? It thought it only went downtown.

Saw something Really Rare today, I Saw a CN train at the Allendale station about 2 minutes ago with 5 railcars, They had a Gp9 rm and an SD 40-2w on the consist. Im pretty sure its for BCRY and also I guess then run this late due to GO using the line during day.
Really? They never run to Barrie! I can hear horns from my house but never heard anything go by last night. Are they still there as of today?

Does ONT go to Allendale? It thought it only went downtown.

I believe you are correct but as far as I know they are planning on moving the bus terminal to Allendale. Orillia is also planning to create a terminal, I believe where the current OPP detachment is plus an adjacent city-owned vacant lot. The old terminal for inter-city carriers at the former train station has been sold and the city transit routes simply meet at an intersection.

I believe they were tankers and Hoppers, and no there not there anymore, I think they went back down to Vaughan

Also Yes Cn does go to Barrie, I asked my friend's dad who is a signal maintainer and he says they go about 2 - 3 times a month to Barrie at midnight, also the deal was CN gets the rights to operate, and they also maintain the line for metrolinx. Im pretty sure they are bring railway cars to Barrie Collingwood Railway now

Can I assume that if the contract maintainers need ballast, ties, rail, etc. that it would have to be delivered to them, acknowledging that it could be done by road and that tanks and hoppers don't suggest MOW? BCR was storing brand new tanks that were manufactured but apparently not required after the oilsands slow down. i don't know how recent that was - it's been a while since I've near their tracks. Wondering if the shipper now needed them and contracted CN.

We are all speculating. perhaps BCR has given up on CP because of their unwilling to provide decent service.

I believe they were tankers and Hoppers, and no there not there anymore, I think they went back down to Vaughan

Also Yes Cn does go to Barrie, I asked my friend's dad who is a signal maintainer and he says they go about 2 - 3 times a month to Barrie at midnight, also the deal was CN gets the rights to operate, and they also maintain the line for metrolinx.

CN services customers in Barrie? First I've ever heard of that. cc @smallspy

Also Yes Cn does go to Barrie, I asked my friend's dad who is a signal maintainer and he says they go about 2 - 3 times a month to Barrie at midnight, also the deal was CN gets the rights to operate, and they also maintain the line for metrolinx. Im pretty sure they are bring railway cars to Barrie Collingwood Railway now
CP interchanges with them at Utopia. Horrible service from what I can gather. One of my old co-workers manages the BCRY and has never mentioned anything about CN giving them cars. So I don't know what reason they would have to go up there.

This article mentions how billboards and rail car storage are building revenue.

The car storage income stream might have passed. There was a glut of new rolling stock after the government mandated new standards, just before the bust in production. While I haven't be roaming around the area much lately, there were none at Utopia and Penetang spur a month of so ago where they previously were. I haven't been to the south end/Innisfil to notice the lines down there. Perhaps the owners have found their own space or put them into service.

Back