475     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 505     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 419     0 

Bank Branch Openings / Signage

E

Ed007Toronto

For years banks have been fleeing the lower east end. TD used to occupy the Coffee Time site at Queen and Sherbourne while the Kings Court facade use to house a CIBC. Finally one is moving back. The former Legacy Mirror location in St Lawrence Hall is going to be occupied by RBC.

TD is also heading back with a Queen/Parliament location soon.

Another tidbit...The Distillery District is getting a pub! Finally! It's the same owners as The Poor House in The Annex.

Yay about Sobey's!

There appears to be a Royal Bank sign on the southwest corner of King and jarvis.

Has been there for a few weeks now. It was mentioned in an earlier thread they've taken the whole of the Eastern half of the ground floor for a new branch.

I couldn't be happier to have my bank's atm across the street!

Retail: Bank Branch Openings / Signage

Former Harvey's location on Front East will become a TD bank.

Former Harvey's location on Front East will become a TD bank.
Pretty crazy as TD is already building a branch at Queen & Parliament (the construction site next door to Shopper's Drug Mart).

According to a press release, the store, to be located at 165 John St., "will be wrapped in translucent pink cladding, creating a beacon-like glow," while the interior will be "sleek, minimal and white."
Cool, I think that's the old Young Thailand location, just north of Queen St.

Pretty crazy as TD is already building a branch at Queen & Parliament (the construction site next door to Shopper's Drug Mart).

It's a fair hike over to Queen and Parliament. Shoppers is also building a branch on the empty lot south of the market.

Seems like my moles at TD were initially wrong and in fact there are three new branches opening downtown: Yonge & Carlton (in The Met), Front E & Jarvis (in Market Square) and Parliament & Church (next door to the Shopper's Drug Mart).

Of course I did. I guess you just can' take the "Church" outta this boi. ;)

It seems there's a new RBC branch opening at the north-east corner of Adelaide W & York. TD and RBC both seem to be on a retail opening rampage of the downtown.

Back