Aura at College Park | 272m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

mdparker

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know I'm probably in the minority, but as the top third of the building starts to reveal itself, I'm liking this project more and more... Aura has some well documented warts, but I think it will be a handsome addition when complete...

Peepers

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
I know I'm probably in the minority, but as the top third of the building starts to reveal itself, I'm liking this project more and more... Aura has some well documented warts, but I think it will be a handsome addition when complete...
I am liking the sleek upper portion of the tower as well. For me I think the best part is the choice of dark glass. This is a tower that will boldly stand out under every lighting condition. It will not be like the Four Season's or Bay Adelaide which can turn almost invisible under certain lighting conditions because they are clad in highly reflective glass which turns the towers into giant mirrors.

Does anyone know if the curtain wall section of the tower will have LED lighting features? The nighttime renderings make it appear that way but I'm not sure if that is someone using artistic licence.

Last edited:

BrianSolo

UT Member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the curtain wall section of the tower will have LED lighting features? The nighttime renderings make it appear that way but I'm not sure if that is someone using artistic licence.
I asked the same question at the briefing. The answer - no! It was strctly artistic license. Too bad, eh!

Last edited by a moderator:

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I gotta admit I like how one side of the building tilts inwards. it creates some neat visual effects sometimes like that photo.

whatever

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is this occupied now? They've opened up the fencing to make the garage and driveway accessible, and I noticed people coming and going from the lobby in the basement with boxes and such.

Xray_Crystal_Junkie

Member Bio
Reaction score
I assume that's just for the retail?

Speaking of which, walked through it this past Saturday to check it out for myself. BB&B has a terrible layout, it's like a maze. And they might as well have put it in the basement since not a single pane of glass seems to be free of merchandize cluttered in front of it. Marshall's is much better but really just feels like a big-box store transplanted downtown. Guess that was the point though.

The basement is quite sad, and I have a feeling a lot of those people are going to lose a lot of money. Seemed to be very Asian oriented too. If I remember correctly, three of the spots in the food court coming soon were Asian cuisine. Found it interesting that the one comically small space, shown below, was one of the few occupied. Just a lone woman standing behind a very small kiosk. Zero foot traffic down there and I doubt a few of them can even hold on until the residential starts being occupied.

So I was walking by the neighbourhood today:
Or here?

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Is this occupied now? They've opened up the fencing to make the garage and driveway accessible, and I noticed people coming and going from the lobby in the basement with boxes and such.
I saw lights on in a few of the apartments on lower floors Sunday night. Could be construction left them on, but there were lights.

Thernan

Member Bio
Reaction score
As I understand, there will actually be two condo corps in teh building. One for the lower floors, and one for teh higher floors. Some folks are likely to take possession before the construction is complete and teh building envelope closed.

BrianSolo

UT Member
Member Bio
Reaction score
As I understand, there will actually be two condo corps in teh building. One for the lower floors, and one for teh higher floors. Some folks are likely to take possession before the construction is complete and teh building envelope closed.
You are correct. There will be 2 condo corps. Floors up to 31 are taking possession as I speak. They started giving out keys last week, I believe.

whatever

Member Bio
Reaction score
So this should be interesting over the next few weeks to see how the building and the area adapt to the new residents. It certainly won't make things worse to have a few hundred people moving in. In particular it should bring a lot of people through that concourse level because I think it's the only access to the condos at the moment.