Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

ooo, black and silver--so classy!
this thing is starting to make Atrium on Bay look like a masterpiece.
maybe this guy can play the "Gala Opening":

7d24e992.jpg

ff39f197.jpg

a8573a91.jpg

Ramako:

Actually I'd argue otherwise - for all its' ills, Trump did use granite and curtain walls for the entire project. Besides, it has the added benefit of occupying a small footprint and relatively hidden. There is no missing the hulking mass of Aura.

AoD

Ramako:

Actually I'd argue otherwise - for all its' ills, Trump did use granite and curtain walls for the entire project. Besides, it has the added benefit of occupying a small footprint and relatively hidden. There is no missing the hulking mass of Aura.

AoD

I may one of the few who doesn't have a huge problem with Aura's use of window wall/heavy use of mullions. It may look outdated, but not necessarily ugly. Trump manages to achieve both at times. I'm also hoping that once Aura starts to really gain some height, the large expanse of mullions will become more coherent as they appear to create texture.

The only thing that really bothers me about Aura, so far, is the generous use of spandrel.

When that hideous (but functional) red overhang comes off, Aura will look soooo much better.

Are we led to assume that the tallest portion of the tower will be using a curtain wall?

Back