Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The curtain-wall glazing on the spine merging in with the top section is certainly helping bring it all together.

^many people don't like it.
seems like the steel frame is up and more is about to come.
btw everyone really thanks for the updates. people living in other areas can see the progress because of you guys.

In photographs, this Franken-condo shows all it's flaws and poorly executed design/materials. Walking by, especially at night, the horrific details are less obvious to a roving eye.

dFsq32Cm.jpg

Those uneven floor heights :mad:

Aura is a strange animal. Looks great at some angles, and downright terrible at others. It's terrible at street level. So many things wrong with it.

would have been nice if they had done away with the higher setback and kept both of the terraces at the same lower height. There's already enough assymetry on the building, and that way the view from the east wouldn't be so terrible. either way the one good feature on this building is the light feature, which I can't wait to see finished. U know it's a beast of a building when it looks better in the dark.

If both setbacks were at the same height, I'm pretty sure there are those that would be saying that it's too symmetrical and they should have varied the setbacks.

I like the fact that everything is asymmetrical on this building. That's what makes it unconventional and cool. We need more buildings that take risks and push the envelope. That's where creativity comes into play. This building may have cheap materials and some bad design choices but it also has some quirky angles and a few redeeming qualities. (like the lighting and curves) The roof will make or break this building.

If both setbacks were at the same height, I'm pretty sure there are those that would be saying that it's too symmetrical and they should have varied the setbacks.

I think that might have looked nicer as well. And the 'perfect' setback height would be somewhere in between the two current heights. I find the box portion slightly dominates the curved portion a little too much on the east side.
And although we haven't seen it yet, I don't think having 2 slopes in alternating directions was that necessary either.

Back