Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I don't have a very good feeling about Aura but I'm on the fence until I see how the upper portion turns out. That said I wouldn't even put Aura and L Tower in the same sentence at this point let alone compare them.

everyone hated on L tower when it first went up now everyone loves it.

I don't remember people hating the L tower, I remember people being genuinely concerned that the choice of cladding would ruin the effect of the design. Luckily these fears were put to rest. Aura is different: the design is a dog's breakfast of clashing boxes and this is apparent even before an inch of cladding goes up.

There was a lot of debate surrounding the original boot design of the podium and its somewhat obnoxious relationship with the Sony Centre.

Aura is looking amazing (period) obviously its not the best ever skyscraper ever to be built no but for toronto its a nice clean addition. to the otherwise clunky chunky many buildings made of exposed cement. but with out them to. aura wouldnt look so nice against just other glas buildings. yes the stripes are a tad much. but over all not one person can say its ugly or a dogs lunch. those who say that must not truely appreciate what aua has to offer the city. its street level works well now that stores are going in. and once this beats done the lighting will be really dramattic over all when completed. All this is just my oppinion it also is a sign of things to come as it will stand alone for a wile in the skyline. and will have friends sorrounding it soon maybe taller? and or alot nicer for those who want aura hidden ithe future so haters keep hope. the day will come.

From today

8068568953_437007c400_b.jpg

its been down for a wile now! for me its been stuck with the image from i think last monday
has it risen at all

Aura is looking amazing (period) obviously its not the best ever skyscraper ever to be built no but for toronto its a nice clean addition. to the otherwise clunky chunky many buildings made of exposed cement. but with out them to. aura wouldnt look so nice against just other glas buildings. yes the stripes are a tad much. but over all not one person can say its ugly or a dogs lunch. those who say that must not truely appreciate what aua has to offer the city. its street level works well now that stores are going in. and once this beats done the lighting will be really dramattic over all when completed. All this is just my oppinion it also is a sign of things to come as it will stand alone for a wile in the skyline. and will have friends sorrounding it soon maybe taller? and or alot nicer for those who want aura hidden ithe future so haters keep hope. the day will come.

Aura is looking amazing (period)

obviously its not the best ever skyscraper ever to be built

no but for toronto its a nice clean addition.

to the otherwise clunky chunky many buildings made of exposed cement.

but with out them to.

aura wouldnt look so nice against just other glas buildings.

yes the stripes are a tad much.

but over all not one person can say its ugly or a dogs lunch.

those who say that must not truely appreciate what aua has to offer the city.

its street level works well now that stores are going in.

and once this beats done the lighting will be really dramattic over all when completed.

All this is just my oppinion it also is a sign of things to come as it will stand alone for a wile in the skyline.

and will have friends sorrounding it soon maybe taller? and or alot nicer for those who want aura hidden ithe future so haters keep hope.

the day will come.

thanks for clearing that up.

Back