News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 601     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 896     0 

Are all elevator companies equally bad

I always thought the "close door" button was fake, just to make you think you're in control. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo_button I know for certain that my office uses a Placebo thermostat.

Looks like elevator repairman/women would be a good trade to get into. http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/SearchResults/PROFESSIONS-TRADES-ELEVATING-DEVICES/_/N-lppf Maybe some of UT's members pursuing urban planning and other nowhere degrees should consider elevator repair.

the average salary for workers with experience is around $80,000 per year. I think your suggestion is decent.

Our old elevator is slow but it gets the job done. We're due a total rebuild for the elevator in a few years, and I'm nervous about it ending up with a whole new set of issues that seem to plague all these new elevators.

How old is our elevator exactly? Well, here's the control panel:

IMG_20190209_222852.jpg

Our old elevator is slow but it gets the job done. We're due a total rebuild for the elevator in a few years, and I'm nervous about it ending up with a whole new set of issues that seem to plague all these new elevators.

How old is our elevator exactly? Well, here's the control panel:

View attachment 173512

As you said and I'll quote. "It's an elevator, at least. It gets the job done!"[/QUOTE]

No surprise here:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rea...-tj6iIyRpoQfaYXvTHUArbOveIHdwSw9IMbrDEC3Ta16g

I have two KONE elevator in my 3-year-old building and they are the worst company on earth with really poor quality products. Just like many other condos, we have constant malfunctions, parts and service takes forever. We have a Tarion deficiency list over 150 items long just on the KONE elevators alone which they still haven't finished fixing any of the problems yet and it has been 3 years since the building was completed!
To add insult to injury, our condo building should have had three elevators based on the number of units, bedrooms, and levels, but the builder cut corners by having only two and chose a high-speed elevator to make up for the lack of a third cab. Elevator break downs have been a regular occurrence and waiting a long time to be sardined into a hot stuffy elevator that stops on almost every floor is not acceptable and has infuriated many of our residents.
Companies like KONE should be held accountable.

Last edited:
No surprise here:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rea...-tj6iIyRpoQfaYXvTHUArbOveIHdwSw9IMbrDEC3Ta16g

I have two KONE elevator in my 3-year-old building and they are the worst company on earth with really poor quality products. Just like many other condos, we have constant malfunctions, parts and service takes forever. We have a Tarion deficiency list over 150 items long just on the KONE elevators alone which they still haven't finished fixing any of the problems yet and it has been 3 years since the building was completed!
To add insult to injury, our condo building should have had three elevators based on the number of units, bedrooms, and levels, but the builder cut corners by having only two and chose a high-speed elevator to make up for the lack of a third cab. Elevator break downs have been a regular occurrence and waiting a long time to be sardined into a hot stuffy elevator that stops on almost every floor is not acceptable and has infuriated many of our residents.
You can really not blame the elevator company for the developer installing too few elevators.

You can really not blame the elevator company for the developer installing too few elevators.

Or maybe the building code/regulations. I LMAO at these new condos trying to get away with 2 elevators. Cheap ass developers

As I wrote before, our Thyssen elevators at the Residences of College Park (tower 1) were a disaster. Once, all three high-floor elevators were out and I lived on the 50th floor. Most of the time, at least one was offline. Now I'm at Manulife, a much older building, where they have 8 elevators, including a dedicated freight elevator that goes directly down to the loading docks level, and failures are rare.

As I wrote before, our Thyssen elevators at the Residences of College Park (tower 1) were a disaster. Once, all three high-floor elevators were out and I lived on the 50th floor. Most of the time, at least one was offline. Now I'm at Manulife, a much older building, where they have 8 elevators, including a dedicated freight elevator that goes directly down to the loading docks level, and failures are rare.
8 elevators for that size building? How many units is it? that seems like a near absurd amount for a residential building.

No surprise here:

Yep KONE products are always fairly bad

Back