News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 563     0 

Apartment meets Elevated Road in China

wyliepoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
Internet forumers in China noticed this case of an elevated road built perilously close to an apartment building in Suzhou, China. The balcony of the 5th floor is right over the elevated road, while part of the balcony on the 4th floor was demolished to make way for the road. The apartment building has been condemned for demolition by the government, but due to negotiations about resettlement between the government and some of the residents, the building is still standing and occupied. The unit on the 4th floor with the half-demolished balcony is still occupied.

A foretaste what the Gardiner might look like in the future?

0016d3bfab400b084bf70f.jpg

0016d3bfab400b084bf710.jpg

5th floor balcony almost touches the elevated road

15916882.jpg

4th floor balcony

Last edited:
Not my favourite location for an apartment, but it sort-of reminds me of staying with some cousins in Rockland(?), NY (just outside of NY City)..... There house basically had a rail line running right through the front yard (short yard, small road, then rail), 3 houses down from a railway crossing. I was warned it was loud ...... and luckily back then I was a very deep sleeper (very light now), so the first time in the middle of the night a train came through - I woke up a little - and thought to myself - this is what it sounds like when you are on the tracks waiting to be run over :p Luckily I slept through the rest of the trains :rolleyes:

It is not really a common case here in our place but I know such cases in urban areas wherein the roof are close to the skyways. The government should do something about the case. There is danger both on the residents of the apartment and also to the commuters of the highway. Roofing Companies

Last edited by a moderator:

Back