998     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 608     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 293     0 

Anonymous Anti-Scientology Protest: April 12th, 2008, 11 AM

• Thread starter Anonymous Anonymous
  • Start date
For a week in 1970 my mother and I lived in a large guest house in East Grinstead, England that was also a Scientology house. My father had emigrated to Toronto, and we needed a place to stay before flying here to join him. When she booked us in there my mother had no idea that it was anything but an ordinary guest house. The Scientologists kept to themselves at breakfast, didn't seem very intelligent, didn't seem "all there", and didn't seem threatening either - just rather weird and brain dead. My mother had heard of Scientology, and knew that it was under investigation in some jurisdictions, so she checked with the local police station to see if it was advisable to move somewhere else. They didn't tell us to. A week later we were in Toronto.

So, ... it's never too late to join up.;)

Wow. I've been watching this thread from my regular account, and I've decided that I'm not even going to comment on the atheists vs. religious people debate that's going on. That's not why I'm here.

I came here to post a video made my another member of Anonymous. It's called "The Road to April 12th", and it does an amazing job of showing what we fight for. It also gives you an idea of the scale of these protests. This isn't a Toronto thing. It's not a Canada thing. It's a worldwide thing.

http://www.vimeo.com/951467

It's a bit long, at around 11 minutes, and I honestly don't know if anyone cares anymore. If you want to watch it and see how this is a lot more than a bunch of isolated people fighting against a weird religion, go ahead.

The next protest is on May 10th. It runs from 11 AM to 3 PM, same place as before. The corner of Yonge and Isabella, if you don't remember. If you want to join us, you're welcome to. If you want to keep considering us a bunch of bored kids with nothing better to do, so be it. Nothing I can say will convince you otherwise.

Good on 'ya. Maybe we can drive them back to their home planet.

BTW:

fun·da·men·tal·ism
Pronunciation:
\-tə-ˌli-zəm\
Function:
noun
Date:

1 a movement in 20th century Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching b: the beliefs of this movement c: adherence to such beliefs

2: a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles

if you literally follow the teachings and instructions in the bible, you will end up in jail and be guilty of "a" or many criminal acts. if you try to follow all the teachings in the bible all at once, your brain just might explode. :)

"kill disobedient children but thou shall not kill" "it is a shame for a man to have long hair but jesus had long hair" hmmm, what to do? flip a coin? :D

most religious people don't follow or take every part of their dogma/doctrine literally, even if they do call themselves fundamentalists. thank god for that. amen brother :D
If the first definition is what a fundamentalist is, then a fundamentalist is by definition non-peaceful. The religious holy texts are just about the most violent and hate-filled books you can buy.

Back on topic, scientologists are loony toons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRe0e-Vr0-U

:D

If the first definition is what a fundamentalist is, then a fundamentalist is by definition non-peaceful. The religious holy texts are just about the most violent and hate-filled books you can buy.

Back on topic, scientologists are loony toons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRe0e-Vr0-U

:D

rated R for religious?

P.S, when i saw "taking the piss" in the title of that vid you posted, i was expecting to see this guy in that video somewhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxofXW8exYo

I am appalled by how many artists are scientologists! I'm serious: Toronto artsy folk are nuts for scientology

I'm a writer, not a scientologist! (but my religious beliefs are still well interesting)

But I do love scientology: I've got a lot of info on all there books n' junk over the year and bash it in some of the papers I've released on my website, or incorporate a pseudo-scientologist like religion into some of my short stories and bashed it some more! I should prolly have posted this with a proxy, oh well! But I well say hell hath no fury like a P.O.ed scientologist!

Back