Toronto Dupont Towns | ?m | 3s | Originate

I want a grand entrance with front lawns and manicured gardens in the back!

Kidding aside, it's not what I want. It's what a potential buyer might want, at what I'm assuming would be hefty price, with lots of competing luxury product sitting on the market.

Also, what a pedestrian on Dupont might want, but who cares about that, it's Toronto after all :)
I have no doubt these will sell for less than they would if there were front and back yards. There is no room for them, I don't see that as a reason not to have built this, and I have no doubt that these homes will fetch a pretty penny regardless.

I'm sure this project was profitable enough for the developer to proceed. I don't think the pedestrian experience is too bad. There is opportunity for some landscaping between the steps to each unit. Also helps bring some eyes on the street.

Interesting. I definitely don’t mind the lack of setback, and I actually prefer buildings to hit the sidewalk without much of a front lawn.

I’m...not sure that front lawns make the pedestrian experience more interesting, but thanks for explaining your perspective!

CC93F53E-F952-47D9-AE14-8D64365035AC.jpeg
E731D5C7-073E-4A18-9D6E-E26DD165245A.jpeg

The lack of street trees or plantings is regrettable. That aside, it’s not stellar, but it’s serviceable and higher density than before. I’m ok with that tbh.

Meh, bland is fine. It will be interesting to see how much this gives 'eyes on the street' or if those ground floor windows will be permanently curtained.

Unfortunately, the exposed hydro meters continue to be a common theme for various (stacked) townhome projects in the city that front onto main streets.

Dundas East & Boulton:

20201011_144412.jpg

Just west of Bloor W & Dundas W

20201205_094120.jpg

Back