News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 561     0 

Anara Tower - Dubai, U.A.E. (Atkins Design Studio)

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
anara_front.jpg
anara_5.jpg

anara_4.jpg
anara_3.jpg

anara_2.jpg

In a rush to build the maximum number of gigantic and magnificent skyscrapers before the oil runs out, Dubai is at it again. Just look at this 2150-foot monster, the Anara Tower, scheduled to be built next year. The skyscraper will be about 500 feet shorter than the world's tallest building — the Burj Dubai located nearby and nearly complete — but it'll still be one of the most massive structures ever built.

Designed by the British Atkins Design Studio, the Anara Tower will be home to offices, 300 of the most expensive apartments in the world, and a 250-room luxo-hotel. The tower will have a tremendous atrium in the middle and gardens every 27 floors. Topping the structure will be a crazy-looking propeller-like structure, where the hub of those spokes will house a glass capsule containing one of the most swank restaurants in the world. And no, it does not revolve.

Holy moly. This is fantastic. The most amazing feat will be if construction actually begins on schedule late next year, even with oil prices in freefall. That could change, but if not, maybe the Dubai titans of the United Arab Emirates who are building such wonders have fat savings accounts somewhere.

Source

a bible reference about about passing a camel through the eye of a needle pops into mind while looking at those renderings. since a camel can get through there easily, maybe it will be built so rich guys don't have to worry about not getting into heaven. lots of camels can fit through that opening simultaneously! :D "what da ya mean it's easier for a camel..... i know a place where at least 70 camels can fit through the eye of a needle no sweat!"

BTW, it looks pretty cool.

When I was a kid, the school library had these illustrated books from the 70s called "Usborne book of the Future" that detailed the kind of modernist technological marvels we might encounter "by the early 2000s". Some of the things they foresaw included a tunnel through the centre of the earth so that someone in England might visit the antipodes. The premise was that you would sit in a giant capsule and, supposedly, due to a frictionless tunnel, the force of gravity would carry you right to the other end without the expenditure of any extraneous energy. As a seven year old, staring at that book, I remember for the first time wondering whether or not adults were idiots - or whether they automatically thought that kids were idiots - because something like this had absolutely no chance in hell of ever getting off (or into) the ground.

Anyway, my inner seven year old tells me that this has just about the same chance of being built as that gravity tunnel.

Last edited:
Even as the simcitizens of Dubai flee in record numbers and the RCI metres have all hit rock bottom... some people still think there's a future in this place. Personally I'd just delete my save file and start over again cause I'd have clearly been drunk to start building such a city in the first place.

wonderboy:

Shouldn't you be reducing the funding for Fire Services to 0% first and start a fire? :D

As to the tower - it looks the world biggest jukebox.

AoD

Thw fire takes to long, man! Volcano's the way to go. Although, I don't know how realistic that'll look in the desert. (of course that wouldn't be a problem either, because without intense modding, SC has only grass on the ground =P)

Back