306     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 556     0 

An odd TTC subway map...

W

wyliepoon

This I found in the subway train I took to work this morning. Notice anything weird about this subway map?

P1060583.jpg

Only the Bloor-Danforth Line is coloured in its regular green. All the other subway lines (Yonge-University-Spadina, Sheppard and the SRT) are white.

Maybe it's just a printing mistake... or maybe interlining is about to begin.

P1060586.jpg

This happens to me all the time - the printer runs out of yellow or pink and just makes the area white.

It's been a few months since I've seen subway car maps with no Sheppard line on them...I wonder if they've finally all been replaced?

Was is a Bloor-Danforth subway you were on? I can understand trying out a map customized to the route being ridden by only highlighting the current route. It would make it easier for strangers to the subway to locate their position on the map without the aid of technology.

Yes, I was on the B-D (the colour of the train doors is a giveaway), but no, this is the only map in the car that is coloured like that.

I thought, before clicking in, that the weird map was referring to this

www.stevemunro.ca/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/MapAsPhoto100pct.jpg

Pretty lame if the TTC can't be bothered to print new maps in proper colour (they are new as the Broadview elevator logo is shown). Some people will refer to the routes by colour.

(Remembering when a simple sticker sufficed for the Downsview extension and the addition of North York Centre)

Back