News   Mar 28, 2024
 338     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 348     0 

AMC Yonge & Dundas opens at Toronto Life Square

smuncky

Member Bio
Reaction score
looks like we've earned ourselves a free movie from amc.

amcfreetoronto1mp3.gif

I think the cinemas are constructed using four levels of leasing area, but it works out to two levels of cinemas and lobby areas given the height required.

i'm plannning to go see a movie this coming monday. hopefully the line ups won't be that bad.

The calm before the storm. Next weekend the madness begins at that corner once the cinemas open.

i think it'll be interesting to see how much business AMC steals from the (former) Paramount. This intersection is far busier than John & Richmond.

Went by today to get some headphones from futureshop and not that many people were there for the AMC preview thing, but yet again I was there at 10:30 ish, There seemed to be more staff promoting the cinema then customers actually.

Went by today to get some headphones from futureshop and not that many people were there for the AMC preview thing, but yet again I was there at 10:30 ish, There seemed to be more staff promoting the cinema then customers actually.

Was there anything promoting the AMC preview event in local print media? I've only read NOW and I didn't notice anything there.

AMC Cinemas totally ROCK! Great complex, projection is stunning and it's packed. How did everyone find out about it? I didn't see anything in print about it.

Yes, I printed off the pass from this thread (3 or 4 pages ago) and down I went. I got there at about 2:30 today and randomly picked the next movie that was close to starting which was "The Mist" (crapola!). I watched it for 45 minutes and then went exploring into other cinemas. The projection is way better than I had even hoped it would be - and I'm really picky. The lobbies are spacious, tasteful, yet fun. The cinemas are decorated the same, but all nicely done and relaxing, the chairs are great, tons of legroom and the people traffic moved very well through the complex. Every cinema I popped into which was in progress was full. Packed. I took photos from the front and back of cinemas on level 6, cinema #13 (a small cinema) and #14 (a large cinema) which are below. The photos suck but you get the idea with the big, curved screen sizes contrasted against the rows of seats. Sorry 'bout the bad quality pics., my intentions were good!

My roommate and another friend have both already been today and they were equally blown away by the complex and the great projection. We're all in the film exhibition industry so it takes a lot to make such an impression on us, and it did. My roommate printed off another pass and headed back down there to see "3:10 to Yuma" 7:20.

Kudos to AMC, well done.

Now I can't wait for my favorate cinema, The Varsity, to get 4K digital projection!

Cinema #13 (small sized cinema, approx. 200 seats)
cinema13-1.jpg

cinema13-3.jpg

Cinema #14 (large sized cinema, approx 500 seats)
cinema14-2.jpg

cinema14-1.jpg

Back