News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

After the strike: green bin & street smells

UserNameToronto

Member Bio
Reaction score
After the strike: green bin & street smells...really bad.

After 2x with soap & water, 1x with vinegar, then febreeze, then baking soda, the green bin still smells terrible (but looks clean).

How to fix?

After the strike: green bin & street smells...really bad.

After 2x with soap & water, 1x with vinegar, then febreeze, then baking soda, the green bin still smells terrible (but looks clean).

How to fix?

Leave the baking soda in it. The odour is in the plastic and would need time to leach out.

Oh, man. The strike wasn't that bad but now that all the stockpiled garbage is coming out some parts of the city really stink. Cycling to and from work yesterday I was literally gagging while travelling down some streets.

The forecast cals for 15mm of rain on Monday. I hope we get it so it can wash this city clean.

I'm with Eug.

Bleach. Mix 50/50 with water in a spray bottle and spray all over. Rinse after 5 to 10 mintues. It will smell like the public pool.

Oh, man. The strike wasn't that bad but now that all the stockpiled garbage is coming out some parts of the city really stink. Cycling to and from work yesterday I was literally gagging while travelling down some streets.

I've been finding the same thing as I walk my dog this week. It smells like two thousand people tossed their cookies all at once - on many main and side streets. It's truly gag-inducing.
Last Sunday there must have been a change of wind, around 5pm'ish I suddenly got the worst smell of my life inside my home. I had to rush to close the windows, didn't help much. Went out to the balcony around 6:30'ish and it was not as strong, but still there for another hour or two. I think the closest drop site is Moss Park, about 1 1/2 miles from where I live. Those poor people who live closer to those sites!
Alias it's pretty much over now. Parks are being mowed, gardens tended to, splash pads & pools are open, most people have had their stored refuse removed and City bins are once again functional.

I'd go down the street smelling peoples green bins then swap them out during a collection day.

lmao!

I did a walk along Dundas to Regent Park, and then up to Cabbagetown the other day and had to hold my breath in some areas. When they were cleaning out Moss Park's temporary dump, the entire neighbourhood REAKED! I ended up going to my parents house in Mississauga for the weekend:)

/\ That amazing rain probably did a lot to get the nasty stink away. If not there is probably more coming tonight.

I agree, the term "gag-inducing" applies, it's been absolutely awful.

Back