News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 3.9K     4 

Advise?

Kdork

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi my name is Kyle I'm 20 years old and for the past 2 years I've traveled to many provinces in Canada. I've lived in British Columbia (Salt Spring), visited in Saskatchewan, and lived in Alberta for a year. I originally was born in Guelph Ontario and I have lived here since my great adventure across Canada.

About 2 weeks ago one of my closes friends says she's moving to Toronto and it rung a shiny light bulb in my head I should try to work from the bottom to the top in Toronto with the help of my friend. So as random and speratic as I am I immediately thunk of a game plan to move there. Which is very limited because I don't know where or what to do first once I get there. Hence why I need some advise.

I have a limited amount of money not enough to survive on for more than 2 weeks. I have no home over my head once I get there. Immediately once I get there I'm going to apply for help money wise (welfare for a short period of time). I will be looking for a job constantly to get income.

I know there are hostiles and food banks to help get me started but I don't know there exact locations (hopefully in good neighborhoods). But it's not hard to ask a few questions and figure out where they are...

I was just wondering if there is any helpful advise that anybody can give me. Anything is better than nothing.

Thanks in advance.

A lot of retail stores are constantly hiring, especially full time. Apply to a bunch and use one to get yourself up and running. From there, you will be able to work your way up.

A lot of retail stores are constantly hiring, especially full time. Apply to a bunch and use one to get yourself up and running. From there, you will be able to work your way up.

Explain why none of my friends can get jobs!:D

I went job hunting with a couple of friends a few weeks ago and they got turned down at nearly every store in Sherway Gardens. The biggest complaint this summer I'm hearing is NOBODY can get a job, not even in retail. I never thought I'd work retail, but because nothing else was around so I had to pull on my connections to get this 'fabled' retail position.

Explain why none of my friends can get jobs!:D

I went job hunting with a couple of friends a few weeks ago and they got turned down at nearly every store in Sherway Gardens. The biggest complaint this summer I'm hearing is NOBODY can get a job, not even in retail. I never thought I'd work retail, but because nothing else was around so I had to pull on my connections to get this 'fabled' retail position.

The 3 stores I walk by on the way to work have been hiring since Christmas, and I know of a lot more that are hiring in the general area. The turnover rate for retail in the core is quite high, so most places are constantly hiring.

Back