Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Wow...Mississauga is really coming together. Once they have some architectural distinction - i.e. the curvy forms of Miss Absolute - it'll really start taking shape. I just hope it doesn't turn out like a cheap, miniature imitation of a tacky Chinese (or other such ill thought out metropolis') skyline.

Good shot Sean. It's the first aerial view I have seen showing the new Confederation Parkway bridge.

Lots of empty space for new development on the north parking lot of Square One! (I can dream can't I?)

Absolute Vision (#3), today..

mccnov1322.jpg

The city ratio for parking in the core is 1 until a few month ago when it was raise to 1.25.

The parking structure was double deck last year with the lower deck going to Absolute to deal with the extra .25 and MC. The only problem, that level is almost full now and no construction started on MC.

2010911977_6a969227fa_b.jpg

2011683868_65ab5130ac_b.jpg

2011653880_02643ca6ca_b.jpg

2010846329_04fbc01731_b.jpg

Hopefully the Marilyn Monroe building(s) will redeem the development. I find those towers to be quite ugly.

Can you get up here publicly? Or do you know someone who knows someone who knows something?
That's just the viewing deck of the Clock Tower that's open to the public (you just need to find the elevator that says Tower Elevator). To get behind the clockfaces you either need to be on a tour (at least that's how I've always gotten behind them) or have connections.

wow, Square one looks like an airport terminal with a couple of runways! I think MCC looks fine from a distance, it just up close that it so much of it sucks. I do like the view looking up Hurontaro from the QEW though. Some of this newer looking landscaping on the west end of the mall looks not bad, modern and clean infact. Unfortunate that they decided to build it all around a shopping mall in the first place....

^Ha I was thinking same as you re: airport landing strip. I hope over the next decade they redevelop this wasteland (seriously who really needs to shop@square one? I mean they sell the same crap all around the GTA) into a civilized, stylish dense (not necessarily highrise) 'hood. A total aesthetic and planning embarrassment is much of the GTA!

Square One is one of the busiest malls in the GTA, behind only Eaton Centre and Yorkdale. It's not going anywhere.

Square One by itself takes up less than 10% of the land area of MCC. Neither it or any of its parkings lots even touch Burnhamthorpe or Hurontario. And many of of the roadways inside those parking lots will come under public control. That means, like the Eaton Centre, it will have numerous entrances/exits onto a public street and that is an important distinction between it and other malls. And as I suggested, Square One is also relatively compact, having two stories instead of just one.

So yeah, I think you guys are blowing things out of proportion.

Back