News   Apr 18, 2024
 643     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

A good Realtor has the following traits.........

- reads your needs really well, and doesn't waste your time looking at listings that don't either a) further his understanding of your needs or b) have a lot of potential as a potential buy.

- is able to read market conditions accurately, nationally and locally, and conveys that information to you in an honest manner.

- actually cares about referrals and repeat business.

how about "Most Realtors are crooks"?, lol. They don't know what they're doing and many give investment tips and they've never invested in their life. lol. In general, most Realtors who are doing well in the business are also good liars or can make the bad sound like positives.

The problem with the industry is that the licensing are too easy to obtain. Many who barely speaks English are passing the tests and calling themselves professional...

Last edited:
Many who barely speaks English are passing the tests and calling themselves professional...[/QUOTE]

With grammar like that, I wouldn't talk!

I'm reminded of Jung's concept of the shadow. The people and qualities you hate in others are projections of aspects of your own personality you can't come to terms with.

Just a thought to all those hating on realtors here. I used to dislike sales people, politicians etc. Now I don't, infact I admire many aspects about them.

A good agent has a strong knowledge of the local environment and a deep network of relationships with not only buyers and sellers, but the community he/she deals with.

More importantly a good agent has a deep conscious or intuitive understand of human behaviour and is capable of excercising this skill in a principled manner. Agents who enjoy long time success in a neighbourhood must be motivated to make all parties feel good about the transaction. Keep in mind that feeling good does not necessarily imply fairness or equitable sharing of proceeds. Money is the medium but the real currency of the deal is emotions.

The problem with the industry is that the licensing are too easy to obtain. Many who barely speaks English are passing the tests and calling themselves professional...

Toronto has hundreds of thousands of clients for whom English is a second language and barely known.

It shouldn't be a surprise that some folks in these communities wish to become realtors to serve this community.

Agreed with licensing, though Ontario is one of the harder ones to obtain when you look at the rest of the world.

oooooo....do I dare jump n2 this thread? ;-)

Back