88 Scott St. (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

From a
NE unit

Hello,
I am looking to buy a unit there (N/E) unit and I am wondering if current owners could give me your impression of the building?

How you feel about the Quality/ elevators waiting time, quality of interior units etc?
How do you feel about the elevators waiting time?
Also, I am concerned about the loss of heat and quality of the windows.
How do you feel about the quality of their windows in the winter? Did you feel drafts? I had that issue at my current condo so I am a little paranoid about drafts and cold from windows during winter...?

Lastly, seems like you have to pay for your own water/ heat/ electricity... that’s why condo fees are lower?

Did you find paying for those separately expensive? Thanks soo much for sharing.

Anything you can share would help make my decisions.

Kind regards.

Sorry, one more question :)

Do you know if 88 Scott has a in- suite ERV system? (Energy Recovery Ventilation) apparently this help to be energy efficient.

thanks!

Elevators we're great, then awful because of 2 catastrophic floods shortly after occupancy began a year + ago. However, Concert (blameless) gave owners a commitment they would be returned to spec. Almost there. 4 out of 5 today, hopefully 100% in short order.

Windows, like all materials, are top notch. Superb. Quiet like you can't imagine. Blinds up all winter. NE corner unit. No drafts. 5 out of 5. Lived 3 yrs in Maple Leaf Square. Incomparable. So bad a minus 5 out of 5. Difference is unbelievable. And inexcusable.

Op costs are whatever they are. Controlling your own energy consumption is a huge plus. All newer blds have an EVR system I'm told. Not noticeable.

Some growing pains, for sure. But of all the new and not so new condos we been in, this has been the best and in large part because of the developer. And that makes ALL the difference.

That and a stellar Board with a demonstrated zeal to create a cooperative, safe and respectful community where residents can take pride in their home and address.

Lived here for a year and unfortunately was my least favourite experience in a new condo. I was on the 42nd floor. There is a draft, elevators are a nightmare, property management was a pain to deal with. For a luxury condo the cleaners weren't doing an excellent job compared to a Tridel building let's say. I blame First Service incompetent staff. The utility bills were outrageous in my opinion.

Worst part is, most people here seemed miserable daily and felt like you can never fully rest and enjoy a nice home living experience.

What a difference !! That's too funny. Maybe I should cut back on my drinking. Nah, silly me. Seems to be working just fine. Burp..

@Eastalltheway

I live here and love it. I'm in a 1,200 SqFt unit and the utility bills are cheaper than my previous 700 SqFt new build. Yes all units have ERV's. No elevator problems. The best part for me is the community, which is incredible. 88 Scott is the first building I ever lived in where I actually know, regularly meet and became good friends with other tenants.

I agree that the cleaners can do a better job in common areas but that will soon be addressed.

Last edited:
Hello,
I am looking to buy a unit there (N/E) unit and I am wondering if current owners could give me your impression of the building?

How you feel about the Quality/ elevators waiting time, quality of interior units etc?
How do you feel about the elevators waiting time?
Also, I am concerned about the loss of heat and quality of the windows.
How do you feel about the quality of their windows in the winter? Did you feel drafts? I had that issue at my current condo so I am a little paranoid about drafts and cold from windows during winter...?

Lastly, seems like you have to pay for your own water/ heat/ electricity... that’s why condo fees are lower?

Did you find paying for those separately expensive? Thanks soo much for sharing.

Anything you can share would help make my decisions.

Kind regards.
I find the quality of construction is great and the unit and the building are very well designed. I am liking my unit very much. No drafts or heating/cooling issues. There are a few minor issues in the building and unit that the builder is currently fixing as it is still under Tarion warranty. Tarion warranty applies until next year, so if you run into warrantable issues they will have them fixed for you. And there are no elevator issues...

Last edited:
Lived here for a year and unfortunately was my least favourite experience in a new condo. I was on the 42nd floor. There is a draft, elevators are a nightmare, property management was a pain to deal with. For a luxury condo the cleaners weren't doing an excellent job compared to a Tridel building let's say. I blame First Service incompetent staff. The utility bills were outrageous in my opinion.

Worst part is, most people here seemed miserable daily and felt like you can never fully rest and enjoy a nice home living experience.

drafts are common on higher floors, therefore requiring more heating/cooling and increasing utility bills. Hydro and Water consumption depends on the tenant

drafts are common on higher floors, therefore requiring more heating/cooling and increasing utility bills. Hydro and Water consumption depends on the tenant

Sorry, but how could height lead to drafts? Either windows work as they should or they don't, regardless of if it's the 2nd or 62nd floor.

Is there an Engineer in the house?

Sorry, but how could height lead to drafts? Either windows work as they should or they don't, regardless of if it's the 2nd or 62nd floor.

Is there an Engineer in the house?
Yes I consulted with an engineer and as long as your windows are well sealed there will be no drafts regardless of which floor you are on or how windy it is outside. Leaky windows causing drafts are warrantable and should be reported to builder for repairs..

I want one!

Hello everyone,
Moving to 88 Scott soon and excited!
I have a quick question and hoping you can help answering.
It seems that all electricity and gas bills are with Carma? Can you help clarify if water is with them too? From what U can read, we have to pay water bills individually now with new buildings...
Can you share your experience? Is the metering seems accurate? If you don’t mind to share, how much approx per month are these costs? This is why the condo fees are low, there the water and heating to add separately.

On another note, do you like the condo overall? the unit seems good quality but by visiting.. it cannot compared to your experiences of living there.

Lastly, is there a facebook or website for 88 Scott community?

Thank you very much for your help!!
Kind regards

Hello everyone,
It seems that all electricity and gas bills are with Carma? Can you help clarify if water is with them too? From what U can read, we have to pay water bills individually now with new buildings...
Can you share your experience? Is the metering seems accurate? If you don’t mind to share, how much approx per month are these costs? This is why the condo fees are low, there the water and heating to add separately.

On another note, do you like the condo overall? the unit seems good quality but by visiting.. it cannot compared to your experiences of living there.

Kind regards
These are the kinds of questions it might be best to ask before buying or signing a lease but now you have done so the first person to ask would be your Property Manager (and, if you rent) your landlord. (It is common to have suite metering on hydro and gas but I have seldom seen it for water.)

Hello everyone,

Kind regards

Carma billing is outrageous in this building with water,heat,electricity all bundled in one. They have some rental fee included in their billing too. I was living in 550 sq ft and averaging $100/Month.

Quality of the unit was very nice, elevator issues plagued my stay there and the inexperienced concierge staff made the stay unfortunately unpleasant. Things do seem to be improving.

Back