Richmond Hill Y8700 | 94m | 30s | Metroview

shortbranch

Member Bio
Reaction score
Coming Soon: Proposed two-tower mixed-use development with live-work suites and retail/commercial units at grade.
Yonge & Garden Ave in Richmond Hill
Developer: Metroview Developments
Currently Emerald Isle Motel and an adjacent vacant lot.

1546798929349.png
1546798984955.png

1546798913975.png

A lot of municipalities are switching to these new "graphic" signs. I'm amazed the old signs lasted so long to be honest - they directly counteracted their supposed purpose by making it extremely difficult for the general public to understand what is proposed.

It looks like they more or less just copied Toronto's sign. I believe a few other 905 municipalities have done the same - I seem to recall seeing one in Burlington too.

The rendering up above looks like in the future they're going to eat up some of the residential area to build low-to-mid rise condos beside this development. Maybe that's why they can developed this building at that height.

A lot of municipalities are switching to these new "graphic" signs. I'm amazed the old signs lasted so long to be honest - they directly counteracted their supposed purpose by making it extremely difficult for the general public to understand what is proposed.

The signs became more graphic when NIMBYism became more prevalent.

Back