Toronto 737 Bloor West | 14.72m | 3s | Terra Gold Properties | Kohn

ADRM

Member Bio
Reaction score
SPA has been filed for the site of this little building at the corner of Bloor and Grace that, until recently, housed a convenience store/garden centre.

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 9.19.16 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 9.19.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 9.19.16 PM.png
    742.4 KB · Views: 1,545
Based on the neighbouring properties and Christie Pits to the north, I don't expect this to be much more than a 3-4 storey application

Based on the neighbouring properties and Christie Pits to the north, I don't expect this to be much more than a 3-4 storey application

Yup, and right now, there's no rezoning application, either, so unless there's a previous rezoning already in the can, I suspect we'll just see a little commercial/retail densification.

Agreed. I could see a mixed-use development with retail/commercial at grade and two storeys of residential. Either way, the commercial would be an improvement to the current state.

this little building at the corner of Bloor and Grace that, until recently, housed a convenience store/garden centre.

Depends on how you define recently, because this spot has been boarded up for years. I've wondered every time I walk past here for years what was happening with this property.

According to this streetview image, this building has been vacant since at least May 2014:

https://goo.gl/maps/3fZNS4sKzwx

Depends on how you define recently, because this spot has been boarded up for years. I've wondered every time I walk past here for years what was happening with this property.

According to this streetview image, this building has been vacant since at least May 2014:

https://goo.gl/maps/3fZNS4sKzwx

Huh, weird -- I was in there this past summer when it was operating as a garden centre!

Really!? Weird indeed. I haven't been around the area as much since I moved last June. I guess they leased it for the season, but that would have been the first in a long time.

Site Plan Control application to redevelop the site with a 3-storey mixed use building containing 2 residential units (260m2) and retail at grade (109m2), replacing the existing semi-detached single family dwelling on the site.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 11.25.28 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 11.25.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 11.25.28 PM.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,168
Under-develop where there's a major subway line, but over-develop where there's no rapid-transit access. C'mon guys it's the classic Toronto approach to development! Why build densely in areas like this, when we can jam all the density in places like Humber Bay, Liberty Village, Sheppard Ave East @ Vic Park, Sherway Gardens, etc...

Then the politicians wonder why congestion is so bad and have to come up with "innovative" schemes to "resolve" the problem.

It doesn't get much more underwhelming than this. Even without putting together an assembly of neighbouring properties, this should have been ideally at least 5 or 6+ storeys here. Like something along these lines:

Last edited:

Back