News   Dec 04, 2020
 147     0 
News   Dec 03, 2020
 774     0 
News   Dec 03, 2020
 1.1K     0 

7 Laxton Ave (w of Jameson, ?, 4s, High Park Architects)

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Some missing middle type housing in the Parkdale area, one block south of Queen and just west of Jameson.

7 LAXTON AVE
Ward 4: Parkdale-High Park

Proposal for a 4-storey apartment building containing 14 residential dwelling units. The proposed residential gross floor area is 1000.40 square metres.

Currently on site is this house:

1602701678708.png

isaidso

Member Bio
Reaction score
So they want to destroy a beautiful 3 floor house to build a 4 floor piece of garbage?

allengeorge

Member Bio
Reaction score
It’s not high architecture, but I’m not sure everything can be. It is missing-middle housing in a city that makes that form particularly hard - so I’m grateful for that.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Architect is High Park Architects:

View attachment 279315
This a great example of why 'missing middle' gets opposed on side streets.

It's a great idea in principle; it's also next to a multi-res building and can make a great case for transition.

But then on execution you get something reminiscent of prison architecture; except not quite that nice.

The proponents and their architects should face a 10-year ban on development and work in their respect fields on the grounds they're ruining it for everyone else!

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
So they want to destroy a beautiful 3 floor house to build a 4 floor piece of garbage?
This a great example of why 'missing middle' gets opposed on side streets.

It's a great idea in principle; it's also next to a multi-res building and can make a great case for transition.

But then on execution you get something reminiscent of prison architecture; except not quite that nice.

The proponents and their architects should face a 10-year ban on development and work in their respect fields on the grounds they're ruining it for everyone else!
I'm unconcerned. We're losing a ctrl-c, ctrl-v house for an admittedly-aesthetically-challenged apartment. I'm here for the 14 units though.

Look at the vast majority of small apartments in Japan. It's pretty much all exactly this and it works fine. I'd lose the stupid front setback, but our City seems to think useless swathes of patchy grass is necessary...