Niagara Falls Stanley Hotel & Condominium | 93.7m | 30s | Valour | Turner Fleischer

G.L.17

Member Bio
Reaction score
Two 30-storey residential towers with 583 units, and a 30-storey hotel with 300 units are proposed at the south-west corner of Stanley Ave and Dunn St. in Niagara Falls - directly south of the approved 72-storey tower site. Turner Fleischer is designing this one. Addresses are 6663, 6683, 6671 Stanley Avenue and 5640, 5582 Dunn St.

Dunn St Development.PNG

Dunn St Rendering.png

Dunn St Site Plan.PNG
streetview.PNG

This is right beside this:

I feel like Niagara Falls is chock full of huge proposals but surprisingly light on actual construction.. I wonder if any of these will really ever get off the ground? When was the last time a major hotel even got built in Niagara Falls? 2005? Is the new Hyatt Regency / Centric under construction yet? That was an empty lot last time I was in the area..

I feel like Niagara Falls is chock full of huge proposals but surprisingly light on actual construction.. I wonder if any of these will really ever get off the ground? When was the last time a major hotel even got built in Niagara Falls? 2005? Is the new Hyatt Regency / Centric under construction yet? That was an empty lot last time I was in the area..
It was under construction last time I was there (summertime 2020), I think I remember the bottom parking floor was being poured if not further along.

Is there a thread for it?

1617142190456.png

Last edited:
Wow ! something happening in my neck of the woods. I wonder how long it will take to fill those two 30 storeys condos with owners before they can build them? They'll probably build the hotel first! Ha Ha !

It's impressive that Niagara Falls gets investment like this project, and yet their downtown is still rundown with abandoned buildings and vacant lots filled with trash. It's the town with big city projects and tourists from around the world that seems managed like a depressed town in the middle of nowhere.

It's impressive that Niagara Falls gets investment like this project, and yet their downtown is still rundown with abandoned buildings and vacant lots filled with trash. It's the town with big city projects and tourists from around the world that seems managed like a depressed town in the middle of nowhere.
That's subject to change in the future. Where ever there's a GO station development will soon follow. The city has plans to redevelop the lands from Morrison to Bridge Streets where the train station's GO stop is. They've already created certain hieght density bylaws for those parameters plus the rail lands and parts of Silver town to the north. What you see now happening is wealthy hotel owners developing their properties.

Zappi’s to move to make way for large hotel and residential development

Sept 16, 2021

The large hotel and residential development approved for the southwest corner of Dunn Street and Stanley Avenue will lead to popular restaurant Zappi’s Pizza and Pasta finding a new home.

Owner Al Zappitelli, who has a lease at 6663 Stanley Ave. until 2025, said he purchased a 0.6-hectare property on nearby McLeod Road, near Alex Avenue and across from Ailanthus Avenue, a few years ago “in preparation for something like this.”

“We’ve got drawings done. We’re permit ready — mechanical, electrical, structural, everything is done, so we really enjoy this (new) location a lot,” he said.

“We had that ready for one day when we have to move out of (the current location at 6663 Stanley Ave.).”

Zappitelli said the business is “secure” at its current location for “another three or four years,” while the new plan for the property takes shape. He said Zappi’s will move once the building starts.

“This company has great plans and all that, but you’ve got to realize, there’s probably 30 zoned plans out there right now,” he said.

“The company has a great reputation of building, but Niagara Falls has a great reputation of getting zoning in place and speculating to build, so we’ll see it one day at a time.”

During its Tuesday night meeting, city council approved a zoning bylaw amendment to permit a 30-storey development consisting of a four-storey podium with a 26-storey hotel tower with 300 guest rooms and two 26-storey residential towers with 583 residential units at the southwest corner of Dunn Street and Stanley Avenue.

The mixed-use project is proposed for 6663, 6671 and 6683 Stanley Ave. and 5640 and 5582 Dunn St.

The applicant, Stanley JV Inc. (Kyle Bittman) also proposes ancillary restaurant and retail uses to the hotel.

Back