News   Apr 24, 2024
 975     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 627     0 

650 Bay St Boutique Hotel Redevelopment (Lanterra, ?s, ?)

from someone who walks by this building daily, take it from me, it's in poor shape!

definitely not worth the renos if there are any!

It's impossible to even see what potential it has at the moment... as the white paint makes it 10x as ugly, but we'll have to wait and see.

That was a $60 per night rooming house/hotel. I dont even want to imagine what transpired there. I usually worry about getting roaches or bedbugs on my coat just walking past.

I saw a documentary that featured a prostitute who was severely drug-addicted who worked in the hotel that used to be there until a few months ago; she got calls all day from Bay Street businessmen looking for sex. Good times.

Maybe in their first week on the job perhaps - every baby banker knows the first rule of finance in Toronto is that the $1500+ girls are to be found in Ki.

Some things can't get scrubbed out...and unless they gut the walls down to brick, something will remain hiding.

Incidentally, lacking plans or renderings, who says this "boutique hotel" notion is a "heritage gesture"; or whether, like Hakim or many a facadist act, it's property-tax-saving "renovation opportunism"...

They seem to have been scrubbing deeply: the brick looks like it's been gouged with chisels.

Attachments

• Bay Hotel Brick 2010.jpg
    Bay Hotel Brick 2010.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 417
There used to be a couple reviews/pictures of the Bay St Hotel on Tripadvisor but it looks like they've been removed since the hotel was closed. I seem to remember exposed wires in the shower and some bullet holes in the walls. Needless to say it was one of the lowest ranked hotels in the city.

They seem to have been scrubbing deeply: the brick looks like it's been gouged with chisels.

The brick looked like that even before the paint was removed. I checked it out a few weeks ago and noticed that the bricks were in a really bad state, with chips and chunks missing. I don't think you can blame it on the removal of paint.

The brick looked like that even before the paint was removed. I checked it out a few weeks ago and noticed that the bricks were in a really bad state, with chips and chunks missing. I don't think you can blame it on the removal of paint.

Seriously! The whole building looks like it has been nibbled by rats.

Back