Toronto 619 Yonge | 237.99m | 70s | YI Developments | Core Architects

where did you hear about this?

There has been an agreement worked out on this one which will allow a 46-storey tower on this site. Final OMB approval is pending Site Plan approval and a Section 37 Public Benefits Plan approval from the City.

Don't know anymore new about this now.

Came across this image online today. I haven't seen it on this site yet, thinking it probably belongs to this thread.
Original picture on this site: http://www.edenshaw.com/communities/625-yonge-street
625_Yonge.docx.png

From the site:
This iconic 295,000 square foot 46-storey mixed-use development will house 352 residential units, 3,500 square feet of retail space, cutting edge amenities, as well as exciting indoor and outdoor amenity spaces on the podium and the 46th floor.

Last edited:
Thanks AG. And yeah the podium leaves much to be desired, both in its design and the amount of street level set back. Here's hoping that they will use quality material at least. I do appreciate that they didn't put balconies on the lower level of the tower facing Yonge St.

This is an example of a building that screams "REVIT!" in the worst way. (Anyone who has seen the limitations in people's design work when they start using REVIT for the first time will know what I mean.) This whole thing is terrible overall, but the 1980s office park podium really takes the cake.

It would have looked so much better if they just drop the setbacks and the partially glazed look and go straight for a opaque blade profile with the same kind of fenestration (including the Yonge facing facade - perhaps executed as balconies along the lines of 5ive) . The podium is utterly hopeless - they should be shamed to even produce a rendering for it.

AoD

Last edited:
The podium is pretty boring definitely but the blade and the steps would add a lot of visual interest looking down/ up yonge.

Back