News   Apr 19, 2024
 123     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 460     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 658     1 

5949 Bathurst St (Cityzen/Myriad, 10s, P+S) COMPLETE

Poor Bathurst, living in Yonge's shadow; one of these days it will be continuously lined with apartments and have a solid mini-canyon...and no one will notice...

^I notice. Bathurst is one of my favourite streets in Toronto. (Okay, south of College St it sucks for the most part.) I love those 1950s/60s apartment buildings north of Eglinton. Theres some special ones up there, with large wraparound balconies. And all those brownstones: love them!

The building looks great, and will be a great addition to the area. However, myself being in my 20's would never live on Bathurst. It's a retirement area. The average age of the population has got to be around 70.

Ever drive on Bathurst and wonder why the traffic goes at 20km/hr or slower. :D

The building looks great, and will be a great addition to the area. However, myself being in my 20's would never live on Bathurst. It's a retirement area. The average age of the population has got to be around 70.

Ever drive on Bathurst and wonder why the traffic goes at 20km/hr or slower. :D

not to mention high car insurance rates as well

Project's Canned ~

Driving this site by several weeks ago ... the sales office looks to have been abandoned ... and the sales office telephone number is 'not in service' ... on this basis I'm fairly confident to say this project's is down the drain ??

but the website is still functional ~
http://www.sophiacondos.ca/

DSC00292.jpg

MODs ... for the 'historic' record, here's the specs on this proposal~

Sophia (5949 Bathurst St, Cityzen/Myriad, 10s, P+S)

Rendering

Sophia's left us ... though an uninteresting slab ... for the record anyways ~ :p

Sophia.jpg

oh why sophia why?? .... i was looking forward to seeing sophia get erected.

I like the design of it, it would have been a great addition to Bathurst. too bad imo.

I liked both the building and the location. It would have fit well in the location. I have no idea how the sales went (apparently not well enough). Hopefully it will come back to life soon.

That is too bad that it got hit with the recession blues. Oh well. Maybe once things pick up again it will be resurrected.

wow I'm a little suprised that this slab style design is getting a pretty good feedback from UT ~

I think it's unfair to call it slab-like just because its block sized in length. It's not noteworthy but, it has a decent base and lots of glass above it. The design plays of the balconies like almost every other building going up.

Back