News   Mar 28, 2024
 353     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 276     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 304     0 

577 Yonge Street

Possible land assembly taking place per this story. That building is listed.

First the 'serious comment'..............I've always thought those buildings would benefit from restoration, that whole strip has (badly) painted over brick; though I do wonder whether its all savable, some seems in pretty poor condition, beyond the lousy paint.

Second........I read that story.........

The last paragraph nearly had me spitting out my coffee laughing.............

"Their store on Queen Street is much tinier than their current three-storey space, so they've got some major sales happening to clear out their extra inventory—time to get those anal beads you always wanted. "

Last edited:
People have been trying to put this north to the corner together for years. Problem is with OPA 183, you need the stuff to the south too.

Back in the day:

Last edited:
I wasn't observant enough to note what bad shape this building's exterior is in. It reminds me of the 571 Jarvis St. mansion, where Casey House expanded to. They pulled off a miracle there, hopefully here too. 571 Jarvis, pre-restoration.

jarvisc.jpg

Walked by this evening and it doesn’t seem that bad up close - it’s just extremely dirty which will happen to a beige building over time. A good poultice rub and some new windows and this will be looking fresh.

Back