Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

... Thompson website is touting Toronto as "one of Canada's most exciting cities," which strikes me as, erm, rather tepid praise.

Tepid?.... its just this side of insulting. I didn't know there was a another exciting city in Canada... unless of course your thinking Lethbridge.

Oh no, do not start this. If you either haven't been to Montreal or do not find it exciting Big Daddy, that is your loss. This is not the bash Canadian cities (including this one) thread.

Crangle Facade

Courtyard%202.jpg

Another pic:
http://www.jjb.com/Client/JJB/JJBNA%20Web%20Listing%20db.nsf/5b1d91a237abc91f852570d800775fbc/4ab6a8e3ca9ba78e852572eb0068efa5!OpenDocument

So Freed has moved into grafting old structures onto his projects. First this, and then eventually gluing the little Silverplate building onto his Fashionhouse behemoth.

The thing that excited me about all these fashionable new hotels popping up in Toronto is the restaurants the include! funny enough.... Toronto's Susur Lee is leaving Toronto and setting up his new restaurant in The Thompson Hotel on the lower east side of new york.

So Freed has moved into grafting old structures onto his projects. First this, and then eventually gluing the little Silverplate building onto his Fashionhouse behemoth.
Woah, I thought the Silverplate buiding was going to be restored, but otherwise left alone. Is that not the case?

It is my understanding that the Silverplate building will be restored and left as-is, separate from the FashionHouse development. I was told at the sales centre that the plan is to have a high-end steakhouse in it.

Woah, I thought the Silverplate buiding was going to be restored, but otherwise left alone. Is that not the case?

Yes, the Silverplate building will be restored. Sorry if my comment made it sound as if were to be "facectomized' The more I look at the renderings of Fashionhouse, the more out-of-place that poor little brick building looks.

With all these hotels going up, does anyone know where Toronto stands based on it's population, etc. Do we have too many rooms, too few, or are we dead on. Is such a stat available somewhere?

Back