Toronto 543 Yonge Street | 228.85m | 68s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

UrbanAffair

Member Bio
Reaction score
Realnet reports 50% sale of this small office building to Centrecourt with the LCBO in it.
Sale includes:
543 Yonge Street
547 Yonge Street
549 Yonge Street

MODS - I didn't see an existing thread, but feel free to delete if there is one.

That's all one building with a couple of convenience addresses:

LCBOYonge.jpeg

Attachments

• LCBOYonge.jpeg
    LCBOYonge.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 1,234
Why, does this look pretty to you?
God help us all if a developer tries to do a Five or a 1 Yorkville type of project and incorporates the old stuff with the new:rolleyes:

Actually, that building has already been restored.. so yes I hope they leave these alone.

759AE3C8-D76E-496C-97B8-56801E65100A.jpeg

Attachments

• 759AE3C8-D76E-496C-97B8-56801E65100A.jpeg
    759AE3C8-D76E-496C-97B8-56801E65100A.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 869
View attachment 145522
God help us all if a developer tries to do a Five or a 1 Yorkville type of project and incorporates the old stuff with the new:rolleyes:

Let it be another developer. Avoid large assemblages. That is all I meant. A street that takes on the narrow form of Massey Tower instead of what we are seeing. (a repeat of Bay Street)

Isn't it clear by now that Yonge Street as we have known is essentially gone?

The bottom line is this section will get cleaned up with a highrise or two and preserving those old buildings. My question is does anyone have an idea how high they would allow a structure to go up in this area with this assembled properties ?

My question is does anyone have an idea how high they would allow a structure to go up in this area with this assembled properties ?

I doubt you will get anything over 200 meters, as mentioned by maestro regarding the Massey Tower in a smaller property, that was an exception
if they assemble a couple more bldgs. to the north they might get 170-180 meters, just this maybe a Halo

Why do you do this in every single thread?

Five and One Yorkville are similar but also very different to me. Five works. One Yorkville's composition leans towards the odd side. I still appreciate the converted rowhouses being preserved as the podium of the tower.

Back