Toronto Dupont Towns | ?m | 3s | Originate

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited:
Looks like the 2 current houses on the northern most section of Brunswick Ave (west side), where it meets Dupont will be redeveloped:

https://goo.gl/maps/cDroRrT8iFk

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4339199&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

536 BRUNSWICK AVE
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

536 BRUNSWICK AVE 538 BRUNSWICK AVE

Site Plan Approval application to redevelop the site with 6 townhouses

That's excellent. I imagine the 6 doors will front Brunswick rather than Dupont, similar to the Piano Towns setup?

That's excellent. I imagine the 6 doors will front Brunswick rather than Dupont, similar to the Piano Towns setup?

I think that would be very likely too. With the properties' wide frontage along Dupont that should work well.

upload_2018-3-20_9-34-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-20_9-34-11.png
    upload_2018-3-20_9-34-11.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,471
I think that would be very likely too. With the properties' wide frontage along Dupont that should work well.

View attachment 137946

Well, now I'm questioning myself -- seeing now on AIC that there are only two Brunswick-fronting properties in the assembly, I've gotta think the front doors will be along Dupont, which is sub-optimal.

Well, now I'm questioning myself -- seeing now on AIC that there are only two Brunswick-fronting properties in the assembly, I've gotta think the front doors will be along Dupont, which is sub-optimal.

Whoops. I read it the other way around originally. (Guess that's what happens when you're at work)

Yes, the front doors will likely be along Dupont in order to fit 6 townhouse units on site.

Whoops. I read it the other way around originally. (Guess that's what happens when you're at work)

Yes, the front doors will likely be along Dupont in order to fit 6 townhouse units on site.

I really hope we get a more contemporary design closer to Harbord Towns than whatever that faux-Georgian mess proposed for a little further west on Dupont is called.

Too bad there's no retail.

I'm glad that it faces Dupont - it will contribute to the transformation of this stretch into something knit together and less of a car-centric thoroughfare.

Too bad there's no retail.

I'm glad that it faces Dupont - it will contribute to the transformation of this stretch into something knit together and less of a car-centric thoroughfare.

Yes to all of this, though there's lots in the pipe that'll help in that regard, including presumably a revised 328 Dupont proposal at some point in the not too distant future; it's just down the street from this to the east and then Bianca is just around the corner from this to the west. Throw in the streetscape proposal that the Dupont by the Castle BIA has put together (though I don't know what the funding or implementation status is), and you've got some good ingredients.

And then the projects further west will help urbanize the Ossington-to-Spadina strip of Dupont as well: the approved and/or under construction Sobeys, Beer Store, and Grand Touring sites, and the Dupont/Ossington building that TAS has acquired. Then, longer-term, you're looking at a Christie Loblaw redevelopment/densification, and presumably some more proposals for the rest of the crappy sites along the stretch (Leal rentals; the garage directly across from this site; maybe the Shoppers around the corner from this site, and a whole bunch of 1-storey commercial, and so on).

Things are headed in the right direction around here.

The brick is quite nice (and I'm generally quite glad/relieved that they didn't go for faux-historicism here), but I'm really not digging that strip of black cladding that runs vertically from the doorway; not sure what's going on there.

Site Plan Notice of Approval Conditions issued in January:

Back