500 Sherbourne Condos (Times Group Corporation) - Real Estate -

yes inside and out, I think the view is an out lol. I don't think its the place to bash anyone's choice of patio decoration though.

Well a condo board is for this very reason to decide whether such decoration should be allowed or not.
And speaking of patio decoration, has anyone been down to our "unique and beautifully designed roof top garden featuring soothing water wall and dramatic fireplace" yet?
p1070281c.jpg

p1070279r.jpg

This is what we were promise and I realize that the builder changes things sometimes but really?
This is it?

Or is the patio not finished yet? It certainly looks like it. Can anyone tell me? Is anyone else as disappointed with our uninviting patio with no shade or plants as I am?
How can they even call it a garden when there isn't even one plant?

p1070271.jpg

Last edited:
Well a condo board is for this very reason to decide whether such decoration should be allowed or not.
And speaking of patio decoration, has anyone been down to our "unique and beautifully designed roof top garden featuring soothing water wall and dramatic fireplace" yet?

This is what we were promise and I realize that the builder changes things sometimes but really?
This is it?

Or is the patio not finished yet? It certainly looks like it. Can anyone tell me? Is anyone else as disappointed with our uninviting patio with no shade or plants as I am?

i hope that's not all of it ... looks only 1/4 done

Hey Guys:

If you're on the "03" line be aware that there has been a leak in the bedroom/living room heat pump on a lower floor. Mine is turned off and removed from the wall until some technician comes to look at it tomorrow.

I would strongly suggest that you also push for details on what they will be doing when they enter your suite to do any repairs or inspections. I certainly did not want to come home to find the heat pump door and frame sitting on my floor. I had to ask for clarification from the concierge as to what exactly they were doing as he kept telling me the "lid" had been removed from my heat pump.

Sticky South/East exit door

Hey guys:

If you use the south/east exit to the building from the stairs, do be aware that the door will not close properly by itself. It needs a good slam to close. I see it left open every Monday when I come down the stairs. This is the exit that goes to the driveway.

@Klaus - please ad this to the deficiencies list. :)

Not cool

Re the patio. Times Group has a history of misleading us and lying to us. I would not be surprised if the patio is done as far as they are concerned.

Re 03 leak Sweetsuite, Thank you for sharing this information. Now that is a wonderful use of this forum. Some questions: did they even attempt to contact you prior to entering your suite?
From my interpretation of your post, it seems they also didn't even leave a note or a voicemail to let you know that your home had been entered and that work had been done. Is that correct? It seems you discovered the “lid†and had to go to the concierge as a source of information. That is outrageous and upsetting! You seem like a pretty easy going person but I truly hope that you will register a complaint on this matter.

A protocol needs to be in place for such "emergency entries" (as I am sure this will be termed) and that protocol needs to be made known to owners and all staff.

p1070281c.jpg

p1070279r.jpg

This is it?

p1070271.jpg

I don't appreciate being dictated too.... but the patio is a let down.

Re: Leak03

re: Leak03

They did ask for permission but there has been very poor and contradictatory information comming back. I am really concerned that the supintendent pulled out the heat pump and then I am told a technician still has to look at it or "repair" it. I could see no wet or stain in the wall cavity.

I don't like the idea that unqualified people were in the unit unsupervised. The superintendent did not have a security person with him.

I'm easygoing foer the most part, but my home is mine. The attitude from the superintendent was that I am a renter not the owner. I don't like this from property management employees - I have seen it before, and I feel this has to be corrected.

I don't appreciate being dictated too.... but the patio is a let down.

What are you talking about? No one is dictating anything.
All I said was that it was up to the condo board to decide, (whether we like it or not). A condo board has to make certain rules for all owners to abide by, including what you can or can not put in/on common areas, which includes balconies and terraces. If not you eventually won't be able to differentiate between the buildings across the street and ours. If you want a good example of that look at 22 Wellesley. A new building with trashy cluttered balconies.

Last edited:
Here's an update regarding the "maintenance" done on my heat pump. The radiator has been damaged by someone pushing on it to put the heat pump back in the wall. To say the least I am very angry about this. I don't have a place to drop the pictures of it, but I'm happy to share this with those who would like to see it.

I'd strongly suggest that you check the radiators of your heat pumps to see if there are any squashed radiator fins. This type of damage reduces the cooling efficiency of the radiator.

A note is going to Roseanne to ask for an explanation of the supposed work that was done in the unit. There is no way a qualified HVAC technician would have done this.

@KLAUS - please contact me, I would like you to bring this p at the next board meeting. I can provide you with the pictures of the damage.

Thanks.

All:

The damage was repaired today. However, my unit was entered without my prior permission and without prior notice. This is a violation of the condo agreement and is considered illegal entry. Further to this, it was acknowledged that the work was done in my home without security personnel present. Again, a violation of the condo agreement.

@Klaus: Please contact me, I want to have this reported to the board.

A friend of mine is renting a unit on the seventh floor facing North/North-East and she is a little weirded out by the fact that it seems that there is a neighbouring window, right-angled to her bedroom window. Her bedroom window faces north and her neighbour's 'window' faces east.

The only thing I could think of is that it's a false window that covers concrete. It's hard to tell because it's tinted black, which is another reason I think it may be what it is.

Regardless, she would like to know... Anyone?

@4grand:

That sounds like the same in my unit as well. I believe it is a "false window" as i could not see it on the floor plan for those units.

@displeased:
At this point, it's enough to have made the position fundamentally clear. All movement in the unit is picked up and an email sent to me. When I know there is maintenance done, all movement is recorded.

In so far as I am concerned, had I not checked the condition of the heat pump it would not have been repaired.

As I remarked to my co-worker, more care and attention is paid to my car by my Honda dealer than I receive from the developer/property manager. That has significantly less value than my condo unit. I don't want my investment in my condo unit to loose value.

Just a reminder to everyone, check your suite carefully after all maintenance/entries.

All:

The damage was repaired today. However, my unit was entered without my prior permission and without prior notice. This is a violation of the condo agreement and is considered illegal entry. Further to this, it was acknowledged that the work was done in my home without security personnel present. Again, a violation of the condo agreement.

@Klaus: Please contact me, I want to have this reported to the board.

Address a letter to the board explaining your issues (include pics) and drop it off at property management. All letters are reviewed at the meetings, so I will look for yours.

Although it doesn't justify shoddy workmanship, please understand that the reason the super is given "first shot" to any repair work is for budgetary considerations. If we make always make service calls for every repair, fees will go up.

However, I do have an issue with the super (our employee) attempting to do work that may be covered under the building's warranty. I will bring this up next meeting.

RE: Roof Top Terrace
- Yes, it is a let-down. I will bring this issue up as well. Normally the builder could just pull out the "artist's rendering" line, but the text on the marketing material does reference a "water wall" and "dramatic fireplace". They didn't commit to any greenery though....

Back