500 Sherbourne Condos (Times Group Corporation) - Real Estate -

My partner is running for an owner-occupied spot!

Reasons to vote for him:

- pays the highest maintenance fees in the building (outside of Ghadeki)
- was a successful lawyer in Germany for years
- did the CCI condo courses
- loves "the fight" and has already butted heads with management and the developer on issues
- cares about the building and thinks we all have a responsibility to protect it
- posts here (as Klaus)

Perfect....you may want to chase the proxy vote.....many condo elections are based on proxy votes. You'll have my vote.

Hello all:

In regards to the blinds, it seems if the blinds were installed in the unit at the time of the sale, they would be considered a fixture. Unless specifically excluded in the sales agreement, they would be considered a part of the condo unit to be conveyed at no extra cost. This holds true for my unit. In light of this, I will not acknowledge the invoice.

Went to sign the papers for closing yesterday & my lawyer is drafting a letter to the builder saying that the said blinds are fixtures & they are not allowed to remove nor enter our unit without our permission (in legal language obviously)...

We are now proud owners of a mortgage... yeah!

Klaus, you get my vote. Like suggested, you should start a proxy vote thing going. Not everyone will attend the meeting & you don't want to miss out on those voters.

@Shelfun...can you share the letter when yu get it. I am waiting to get a letter from my lawyer to respond to the demand letter and invoice.

I closed Monday and lawyer advised me to just ignore letter. He said they don't have a case and can not enter premises to remove blinds.
I recieved both letters and have not replied. They should charge the lawyer who screwed up by not including blinds in purchase agreement not us.

I passed the letter regarding blinds to floors 22, 21, 20 and today to 19 and 18.

Klaus has my vote and will pass it on to others I know in building.

Anyone else having issues with Kyle getting things fixed other than on PDI list?

I closed Monday and lawyer advised me to just ignore letter. He said they don't have a case and can not enter premises to remove blinds.
I recieved both letters and have not replied. They should charge the lawyer who screwed up by not including blinds in purchase agreement not us. ....

i don't think you/your lawyer should completely ignore the letter, but inform them that IYO it was included in the unit and purchase price; and any attempt to enter your unit to remove said blinds, without your express written permission, will be considered trespassing and theft, and reported to the police for charges/prosecution.

@Shelfun...can you share the letter when yu get it. I am waiting to get a letter from my lawyer to respond to the demand letter and invoice.

I will definitely upload a copy of my lawyers letter once I get it.

There are 2 items on my PDI that haven't been fixed. One of them minor so I can fix it myself and the other is .... THE BLINDS!!! On of the blinds in the master bedroom doesn't roll all the way up & we are thinking maybe they won't fix it until we 'pay up'.

i don't think you/your lawyer should completely ignore the letter, but inform them that IYO it was included in the unit and purchase price; and any attempt to enter your unit to remove said blinds, without your express written permission, will be considered trespassing and theft, and reported to the police for charges/prosecution.

What is IYO?

Yes, I hope once we see the legalese that has been written, we can get our lawyers to write up the same. Worst came to worst, I will have Jane Harvey to do it.

Per the blinds, if you search on the internet, you may find some tips on fixing the blinds that don't roll up properly. Have a look to see that the chain is not binding or that the clip that holds it together is not running into the top cog.

Last edited:
We closed on February 3rd and are now proud owners of a piece of a wonderful building. Let's keep it that way!

Back