500 Sherbourne Condos (Times Group Corporation) - Real Estate -

My closing is next week and I still haven't received the final statement of adjustments. I've instructed my lawyer to reject the cost for the blinds if it comes up.

Anyway, I just ignored the letter and have not been offered the discount nor the option of having the blinds removed. Good to hear that Displeased's statement of adjustments did not include the blinds. Could it be that the builder realize their dumb mistake?

Even if this blows over, I'd still be up for a social meet.

Last edited:
My client's closing is on Thursday so I will be going to the lawyer's to sign on Wednesday. I will let you know if there are any blinds cost on the statment of adjustments.

I can meet if everyone wants to meet, just the unit is tenanted so I am off site so use this forum for info.

My closing is 3 days from now and I still have no information regarding the final statement of adjustments.

I am not happy with this "last minuute" situation but I do not know who is to blame so all I can do is to scream at everyone )

I have heard that the builder intends to close without settling the blinds charges and to deal with the blinds issue after closing.

Hey Everybody!!!

I guess i'm saying hello as a potential new tenant of the building!!! I'm currently living through the 10 day cooling off period, and came across this forum, and thought I'd ask of your opinion on the place!!! You guys (and gals) have lived for a couple of months in the building and I want to hear the pros and cons of the place. Obviously the blinds seem to be a big issue, so i'll make sure I cover my ass on this front...but other than the blinds, what are your thoughts good and bad of the neighborhood/building?

Hoping that I've made a good choice of location...

B-Chan - Your wannabe future tenant!!!

My closing is 3 days from now and I still have no information regarding the final statement of adjustments.

I am not happy with this "last minuute" situation but I do not know who is to blame so all I can do is to scream at everyone )

I have heard that the builder intends to close without settling the blinds charges and to deal with the blinds issue after closing.

Your lawyer should have the statement of adjustments or at the very least be in touch with the builder. Blame your lawyer! My closing is scheduled for this Thursday and my lawyer had the adjustments from the builder's site last week (I believe your lawyer should be able to download from the builder). Yes, the blinds will be dealt with after closing. I received a response to my low ball offer for the blinds, saying they would deal with it after closing.

I agree, it seems likely that the lawyer is causing this "last minute" situation but until I am sure I will try to remain open minded and just blame everyone until I am sure.

Anyone else enjoying the fire alarm?

This is avery loud fire alarm and there seems to be loads of crashing in the hallway for some reason. I had thought Mississauga fire service were awful slow and bad at resolving it, this is worse!

Yea, there's a button where you can silence the alarm in your unit (bedroom). I'm just waiting for confirmation that the "issue" has been resolved then going back to bed. It's been a while now without a response.

Hey Everybody!!!

I guess i'm saying hello as a potential new tenant of the building!!! I'm currently living through the 10 day cooling off period, and came across this forum, and thought I'd ask of your opinion on the place!!! You guys (and gals) have lived for a couple of months in the building and I want to hear the pros and cons of the place. Obviously the blinds seem to be a big issue, so i'll make sure I cover my ass on this front...but other than the blinds, what are your thoughts good and bad of the neighborhood/building?

Hoping that I've made a good choice of location...

B-Chan - Your wannabe future tenant!!!

Besides the blinds issue and a false fire alarm early this morning, everything about this place is great! Location is fine, <10 min walk to Yonge St. 20 min walk to Dundas Square, 10-15 min walk to Yorkville, 5 min walk to Sherbourne station on the Bloor line. I find that it's close enough to enjoy downtown but far enough away from the noise, hustle and bustle of downtown. I absolutely love the layout of my unit. I have an 02 unit. Its space is 100% useable. The finishes are nice. The gym is adequate. The yoga studio is underutilized. I'm surprised the games room isn't full all the time. Haven't used the movie screening room yet but it looks nice.

If you're buying into this building for location's sake, you probably should plan for a long investment horizon. I find Sherbourne St to be the edge of niceness. It'll take a few years for the niceness to extend further East and help drive up the value of our building.

Welcome!

Back to blinds and final closing.

If your closing is coming up soon, your lawyer should already have the final statement of adjustments. Just bug him/her.

My closing is Thursday. My lawyer sent me the final statement of adjustments yesterday (after I insisted on seeing it before my appointment to sign all the documents). Blinds charges were NOT in the adjustments. I wonder what legal trickery they'll use after closing to gouge us for the blinds.

I'm going away for a few weeks. I really hope the builder doesn't try anything shady while I'm away.

Last edited:
Besides the blinds issue and a false fire alarm early this morning, everything about this place is great! Location is fine, <10 min walk to Yonge St. 20 min walk to Dundas Square, 10-15 min walk to Yorkville, 5 min walk to Sherbourne station on the Bloor line. I find that it's close enough to enjoy downtown but far enough away from the noise, hustle and bustle of downtown. I absolutely love the layout of my unit. I have an 02 unit. Its space is 100% useable. The finishes are nice. The gym is adequate. The yoga studio is underutilized. I'm surprised the games room isn't full all the time. Haven't used the movie screening room yet but it looks nice.

If you're buying into this building for location's sake, you probably should plan for a long investment horizon. I find Sherbourne St to be the edge of niceness. It'll take a few years for the niceness to extend further East and help drive up the value of our building.

Welcome!

Thanks yangsui!!! I really see lots of potential in this area. I myself purchased one of the loft suites on the podium and literally its my dream house. I've looked into future developments in the area, and have you guys seen the presentation for the upgrade/rebuild for 545-565 Sherbourne? If not, let me enlighten you!!! Click Here!!! (Link will bring you to the City of Toronto website and open a pdf presentation...it's virus free and totally legit)

I wish this project can break ground now, but regardless, look promising!!! I think this is a done deal for me. Thanks for the warm welcome and I wish you guys (& gals) all the best with the blinds issue =S.

Cheers!!!

B-Chan

Yea, I think the building turned out great. Very nice finishes, nice amenities, the security guys are great, relatively quiet. Besides the annoying neighbour above me, I have no complaints.

I firmly agree, this area is good and getting better. The issue with the fire alarm is annoying and the blinds issue is a pisser, but these things will pass.

Back