News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 635     0 

491 College St (former Latvian House, Allied & RioCan, 3s, Turner Fleischer)

New rendering? For what it's worth, doesn't appear the LCBO would use the old Latvian House entrance.

http://alliedreit.com/property/491-college-st-w/

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 508
Last edited by a moderator:
Let's hope that LCBO will actually have an improved selection. The current one on the block is utterly woeful.

Here are two images from September and October during demolition.

491 College 1.jpg
491 College 2.jpg

Attachments

• 491 College 1.jpg
    491 College 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 518
  • 491 College 2.jpg
    491 College 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 515
Here are a couple of images from this week.

DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 547
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 661
I'm not sure how to make the photos show up on the page instead of as attached files.

Elevations from their development application:

Attachments

• viewSupportingDoc.Pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 465
I'm not sure how to make the photos show up on the page instead of as attached files.
I've fixed your posts for you, but after you click on the Upload a File button, and you choose the JPGs to upload, you're presented with buttons, one that says Full Image. Choose that one! (PDFs can only be attached for downloading.)

May 18

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2513.JPG
    IMG_2513.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 510
  • IMG_2522.JPG
    IMG_2522.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 502
  • IMG_2514.JPG
    IMG_2514.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 558
I'm puzzled that the developer here did not seek to build something 10-15 stories. They could have used the heritage preservation part in exchange for more density. This neighbourhood needs more housing with 2 and 3 bedroom units. For example, there are two schools in this neighbourhood that are at risk of closing since there aren't enough families. That seems like an important planning priority. Mirvish village will help, but we need more.

The whole purpose of this development is to move the LCBO to it so that Riocan can build their approved midrise rental down the street at the LCBO's current location.

This is a nicely scaled development with office space - which is even tougher to come by on avenues than residential uses.

Is lcbo so important that they get an entire new building built for them? Was there no suitable commercial space available nearby for a small store? I like the additional office above but seems like a wasted opportunity to add more residential to the area with several more levels above. The market would easily handle that and the new midrjse down the street.

Back