Toronto HuntleySelby | 206.15m | 63s | Broccolini | Arcadis

Toronto Model 12-05-23 Huntley-Selby.png

The details, I suspect will be on the next City Council Agenda......but we shall see.

This one is indeed on next week's Council agenda.

The revised proposal of which we've seen a few details will be the subject of a discussion; should Council not accept this proposal, the revised proposal will go before the OLT at a hearing in February.

Most of the Docs are confidential, but we do have a letter from Goodmans that is public:

From the above:

1702046404225.png

The former 59-storey tower of 195.35m is now 63 storeys and 206.15m.
The former 48-storey tower of 163.00m is now 58 storeys and193.5m.
This FSI has jumped from 17.59 to 18.62.

No idea how many units are planned now. It was 1297 units being served by 10 elevators, or 1 cab for every 129.7 units, so, not good.

The former 59-storey tower of 195.35m is now 63 storeys and 206.15m.
The former 48-storey tower of 163.00m is now 58 storeys and193.5m.
This FSI has jumped from 17.59 to 18.62.

No idea how many units are planned now. It was 1297 units being served by 10 elevators, or 1 cab for every 129.7 units, so, not good.

I still count 10 elevators:

1705592649426.png

Unit totals are not addressed in the Settlement offer that I can see.

They should be listed with the newly posted Arch. Docs, but I think the stats page is missing.

For anyone who feels like searching, here are your now public links:

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2023/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-241286.pdf - Settlement offer plus a couple of docs

Arch. Files:

It's not clear to me whether the settlement offer (with the height increases) is what was approved by Council in mid-December or if this a resubmission(?).

It is clear to me that Arcadis can't spell the name of their own project.

Huntly.jpg

It's not clear to me whether the settlement offer (with the height increases) is what was approved by Council in mid-December or if this a resubmission(?).

It is clear to me that Arcadis can't spell the name of their own project.

View attachment 533888

There has not been any resubmission.

The recommendation to accept the settlement offer was adopted without amendment.

There are still a lot of people living in many of the existing buildings on the site. I would imagine it would take some time to get this started.

There are still a lot of people living in many of the existing buildings on the site. I would imagine it would take some time to get this started.

I'll answer on the above in a moment.........but I have to say, I was looking up the OLT hearing date, and I couldn't bring up the file based on the address....... because of course not, look what they did w/the address field:

1705599121584.png

Gee, thanks.

Anyways, if this clears the OLT as expected; the hearing is February 5th, 2024. At that point they will be free to proceed. That doesn't mean they will. If they go rental here, then there may be sense to moving quickly, if they're going with condo, they will want some sales data, I would think, before moving to vacate all the units.

From the time they decide to move on it, I would expect about six months to 100% vacate. But the market and tenure will heavily influence timing.

I don't believe they have a site plan application here yet, so they'll have to do that.

Once the rental housing replacement application is approved however they are free to send eviction notices to everyone. Usually with an extended notice period as per the rental housing replacement agreement.

An apartment in 47 Huntley, the existing house, has just been listed for rent at a below-market rate. If I'm understanding the above posts correctly, that's because the house is scheduled to be demolished and the new tenant could be required to leave at any time -- is that correct?

Back