News   Mar 28, 2024
 346     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 357     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 708     0 

46-54 Ossington Ave (Hullmark, 3s, Audax)

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Conversion of the current residential properties to commercial usage:

https://www.hullmark.ca/4654-ossington-1

jgh_ossington_final_3_colour_2_email.jpg

18008-01.jpg

Attachments

• jgh_ossington_final_3_colour_2_email.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 4,109
  • 18008-01.jpg
    18008-01.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 4,930
These three buildings are finally slated to get some retail use; CoA minor variance submitted in September.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 1.30.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 1.31.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 1.31.17 PM.png

Interesting how Hullmark is starting to buy up a lot of the Ossington Strip - I wonder if this stretch will become a bit blander and more "curated" as a single landowner starts to own a good chunk of the street.

Love to see this type of conversion! So many of our main streets have buildings like this without anything active at street level and this type of human-scale mixed use is very welcome.

More details from this link.

Hullmark recently acquired the row of residential houses located between 46 and 54 Ossington Avenue and the idea is to renovate these to create an innovative mix of retail at grade with office space proposed above. Mr. Damji explained that the development will help bridge that part of the street by extending the retail that characterizes the street on either side. A whimsical illustration has created interest in the development. Renovation of the existing buildings are slated for next year with delivery for possession in the open market by the end of 2019.

I personally would love more of this happening throughout the core and inner city. This small-scale adaptive reuse was something that has always happened in Toronto, but was only zoned out in the last 60 years.

I personally would love more of this happening throughout the core and inner city. This small-scale adaptive reuse was something that has always happened in Toronto, but was only zoned out in the last 60 years.

Absolutely, it was stupid to ever end that. All those Victorians lining streets like Dufferin, Bathurst, etc should be converted to retail.

There are a bunch of fairly recent CoA applications supporting Hullmark's redevelopment of the SFHs between 46 and 54 Ossington. Hullmark is doing great stuff right now, and I quite like their vision for this stretch of Ossington -- very happy to see this.

Type: Retail/Residential/Office
Retail and Office Space: 15,000 sf
Residential Space: 3,000 sf

This would be such a great thing for this bit of the strip. Not a huge change, but would fill that bin in nicely.

It is a residential to commercial conversion, though, which I know can be a challenge to get through the city.

This would be such a great thing for this bit of the strip. Not a huge change, but would fill that bin in nicely.

It is a residential to commercial conversion, though, which I know can be a challenge to get through the city.
it's fine as it's zoned for it already - the variances are only for built form modifications.

Back