News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 332     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

456 Wellington Street West (Allied REIT, Park, Claude Cormier)

LUMBER GUY

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know the details of the boutique building in its place? Since Liberty Group owns c-lounge, are they buildling, or did they rent the place

What? This thread scared me for a minute.... I thought c-lounge was destined to become another condo...

C-lounge Is Closing. All Good Things Must Come To An End. (sarcasm)

High End Boutique Condo's In Its Place

Whos Buildling? And What?

I wouldn't take Lumber Guy too seriously since he asks questions (10:48AM) and gives answers an hour later (11:55AM)...

Furthermore, why does 'condo's' have an apostropie?

What? This thread scared me for a minute.... I thought c-lounge was destined to become another condo...

Most likely it will be a condo, but never the less, the site is definitely getting redeveloped

I wouldn't take Lumber Guy too seriously since he asks questions (10:48AM) and gives answers an hour later (11:55AM)...

Well, Lumber Guy is right that the site is being redeveloped. I do not know who is behind it, but they have been in discussions with the City's Planning staff and Adam Vaughan, as well as some neighbourhood associations, such as Wellington Place Neighbourhood Association, about how the building will interact with the street and neighbourhood. (456 Wellington is listed in their 'Developments' section.) I am not aware of any formal application being made, just pre-consultations at the moment.

I wont spend too much time taking things too seriously like correcting my grammer or finding out when they changed an hour to be 67 min'S.

I found this information because i just recently purchased a unit close to the site. When i find further info, ill be sure to post. Despite the obvious; the the question that most interests me is how does this change the property value. On a personal note, im glad there is one less outlet for 2am'ers to go crazy outside my door, but exclusivity of increasing the amount of units on the street, and the 'treddddynes' of living next to a club may be in jeopardy.

I wont spend too much time taking things too seriously like correcting my grammer or finding out when they changed an hour to be 67 min'S.

I found this information because i just recently purchased a unit close to the site. When i find further info, ill be sure to post. Despite the obvious; the the question that most interests me is how does this change the property value. On a personal note, im glad there is one less outlet for 2am'ers to go crazy outside my door, but exclusivity of increasing the amount of units on the street, and the 'treddddynes' of living next to a club may be in jeopardy.
So you knowingly bought a unit right beside a club and already had the intention of complaining about the noise once you moved in? :rolleyes:

c lounge was a great place... many memories... i'm sad to see it go

On a personal note, im glad there is one less outlet for 2am'ers to go crazy outside my door, but exclusivity of increasing the amount of units on the street, and the 'treddddynes' of living next to a club may be in jeopardy.
Ugh, why do people who decide to live in a neighbourhood full of bars and clubs strictly for the trend factor suddenly turn around and become NIMBY grandmas?

Interesting topic to bring up Gray - How trendyness and value interact.

Seems like this area has become trendy by: its core core location to downtown, green around it (not for long after city place injects thier glass towers in lue of our golf course), 'cool' king and queen west, bono purchasing a 4k sqr foot unit, 4million $$ lofts, and of course what we all desire in our cubicals a Herman Miller.

Seems as though Clounge and 4$ rum and cokes dont fit such a mould. (alhtough i did love the patio) Shame Shame.

Apparently; Sweeny and Freed have vested interest in this street, and are (from what ive heard only by rumor) have taken the science of architecture - buildling into the landscape ie; attention to light, and detail, to bring up the area. rather than putting my cookie mould stamp generically onto the land.

Still no word on the builder in its place, but i would hope that Liberty Group (owners of clounge) would recognize such an opportunity, and play with the big boys. Time will tell.

There is something to be said with a certain formula of: pub, club, retail, cafe (le select) and lofts that create the value of the street. Elminiating (as much as i want it too) C-lounge for more residential seems to go angainst Loft 'livers' and cool.

If club is essential for increasing value, then brad j lamb should open a scotch bar in corktown to complement his lofts. ..

There's more than enough to fill any gap left by C-Lounge. The guys behind C-Lounge and Ultra now have Spice Route practically in 456 Wellington's backyard, which is ten times as busy, even in the middle of the week. There's also a pretty noisy little bar/lounge a few buildings west of that on King. Also that strip club, which doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but it's really quiet.

Back