News   Mar 28, 2024
 167     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 603     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 367     0 

42 Park Lawn Rd (Prombank Group, 41s, ?)

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
From city planning (http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/associatedApplicationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2912376)

42 PARK LAWN RD
OPA / Rezoning
Application Number 11 205554 WET 06 OZ
Planner Name Thom, Kathryn
Phone Number 416-394-8214
Date Received May 30, 2011

Proposed amendments to the Etobicoke Zoning Code to permit the development of a 41 storey apartment building containing 345 units.

Like Times Group and Amexon, the applicant (a numbered company, not ONNI, represented by Bousfields Inc.) is also proposing a stand alone 2 storey retail building along the Park Lawn Road frontage.

Designed by Northgrave Architects, the 42 Park Lawn site is located between the South Beach condos at 88 Park Lawn and the Times Group proposal at 36 Park Lawn

Apparently the proposed site plan is pretty consistent to the below 'area context plan' originally posted by borisp:
Park_Lawn1.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Updated area context plan:
parklawnarea.jpg

With South Beach immediately north of this, and with 36 Park Lawn immediately south of it now dubbed Key West, this project is begging for another Floridian moniker. A geographically correct one would be nice. Brickell? Vizcaya? Biscayne? Key Largo?

With South Beach immediately north of this, and with 36 Park Lawn immediately south of it now dubbed Key West, this project is begging for another Floridian moniker. A geographically correct one would be nice. Brickell? Vizcaya? Biscayne? Key Largo?

Hahaha...How about the ""Boca Raton"" since down there they cant built anything taller than 8 floors.

LOL indeed I-42 ... the Westlake site should have been branded Key West ... since Amexon's South Lake is at the north end, I would have expected 36 + 42 Park Lawn to one of those name above, perhaps maybe even Palm Beach or Miami ... sadly, these are all names which I can see in future Toronto condo projects :rolleyes:

Hell, I'd be fine if they just pulled the old plans out of the drawer and rebuilt either of them...

To that point, I'd be interested to see a highrise proposal that uses brick in a significant quantity. Sure it's used on a lot of podiums, and I'm sure the bean counters deem it too expensive at such scale, but I'd love to see a modern brick skyscraper.

Back