1.2K     3 

4 Final Designs for New Royal Alberta Museum - Edmonton, AB

yeg-yyz

Member Bio
Reaction score
August 18, 2011 - Four designs submitted for new Royal Alberta Museum

http://www.infrastructure.alberta.ca/3688.htm

Design options open for public view and comment

A new Royal Alberta Museum will be built in downtown Edmonton starting this year. It will be a provincial museum well-equipped for the future – a museum with the room, accessibility, and connections it needs to become an iconic institution respected around the world. A competitive bidding process to hire a private sector consortium to design and build the new museum is underway.

Diamond & Schmitt Architects of Ontario, HIP Architects of Edmonton, Haley Sharpe Design (Museum Planner) of the United Kingdom
ELLISDON_RAM_1.jpg

Laing O’Rourke of the United Kingdom, IBI Group Architects Engineers of Alberta, Richard Meier & Partners of New York, Solomon & Bauer (Museum Planners) of Watertown, MA
GRAMC_RAM_2.jpg

Dialog of Alberta, Lundholm Associates Architects of Ontario (Museum Planner)
LEDCOR_RAM_2.jpg

Moriyama & Teshima Architects of Ontario and Architecture/Arndt Tkalcic Bengert of Alberta, Maki & Associates of Japan (Architecture), Museum Planning Partners of Ontario
PCL_RAM_2.jpg

Yawn. I vote for none of the above. Just more of the same boxes with glass. When will Canadian ar bite ts do something creative or inspiring instead of doing the same boring designs over and over ad nauseum.

When I looked at the first one, I figured the rest would be better. How wrong was I? The rest are very bland. I hope D & S wins.

Back