Mississauga 3900 Grand Park Drive | 95m | 25s | RioCan

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is where Shoppers Drug Mart currently is and will take in retail complexes at 600 Burhamthrope Rd W and the block of retail 3860-3880 Grand Park Dr, north of the entrance to the plaza there. Rest of the plaza stay. Pizza Pizza, Kelsey's, Thais Cuisine and Sal Physiotherapy Clinic will be gone.

This will be a mixed use Apartment and Commercial complex that will require a rezoning application.

I expect Shoppers will be the main retail in the new complex that will be closer to Burhamthrope than it is now

Photos to follow

Looking at the photos and site plan, Staples will be gone as well, Anything north of Mr Sub as retail is removed and replace by 2 story retail complex.

Too much green on Burnhamthrope
21075209554_f1ed27dce6_b.jpg

21511024469_093535cd53_b.jpg

21707087111_a24177d163_b.jpg

21671825316_169b73c89e_b.jpg

21707096001_ac1475a4b7_b.jpg

21697870125_6b1bea333e_b.jpg

21075205324_59f09e65a3_b.jpg

21510056018_3abc419e2c_b.jpg

I suspect this will be a rental community rather than condos. Nice to see that the boundaries for MCC is moving westward along Burnhamthorpe, if approved of course but I don't see why not.

A developer should buyout all the low-rise housing north of Burthhamthorpe and west of Parkside Village so MCC can be extended to Mavis. Give everyone 20% above market value for their houses.

Judging by the measurements on the sign, I think the development will only include the Shoppers Drug Mart building and the parking in front of it.

March 21

This was on the Planning Development agenda tonight for info only.

The plan site is the Shoppers site with the developer trying to fit Shoppers back into this development. They like to do more, but hand strung due to the chemical plant behind them as well on Mavis.

The local Ward Councilors and other including me would like to see Shoppers back here even if its on 2 levels. It does more business than the existing retail that exist there today.

The Ward Councilor and the Ward Councilor on the opposite side of Burnhamthorpe don't support the height and see it lower to about 16s so its is on a slopping line to the city core. They don'y want a rollercoster effect on Burnhamthorpe and should visit Yonge St to see the rollercoaster buildings.

Talking to the team after the meeting, I said they need to buy the building to the west to square up the lot and would help in getting more space for Shoppers. Also go 2/3 floors for retail & commercial. I said stay the course for height as it was the right way to go and time council get over the height issue since this is the future way people will be living. Reduce parking to 50% for residential use.

There will be a number of community meetings before this is brought back to Planning for the first step in getting it approve.

Is nothing else planned for the staples and winners part of this site?
Not that I am aware of as well been too close to the chemical plant.

If anything is to take place it would be the buildings on Grand Park with reduce height.

In the end, it could be all low rise 10 story high and that is up to RioCan REIT who owns the land to see where their best options are for income.

Most likely an IBI Group project.

The OPA/ZBA approved by the LPAT in April 2021 was amended into effect in July 2022.

In a February 2023 RioCan press release, it was noted that this development is still in the active pipeline.
  • In parallel, our team continued to advance our pipeline of future development. Zoning approvals were obtained at RioCan Leaside Centre, Shoppers World Brampton, 2323 Yonge Street and RioCan Grand Park, solidifying approximately 5.5 million square feet of zoned density. Our total zoned square footage was 15.0 million at the end of 2022.

In March 2023, the tenant of 3900 Grand Park Drive Unit 3 (the first UFC gym in Ontario) abruptly vacated:

It remains to be seen if this is related to movement on the development.

I was able to find one additional but low-quality rendering of the 25-storey design, via the public meeting announcement of early 2019:
OZ_15_006_W7_3900-3980_Grand_Park_Drive-1.jpg

Back