Grand opening this weekend.... dropped by to look at the model suite,

1bdrm ~$486/sqft
2bdrm ~$509/sqft

Maintenance: $0.48/sqft

Parking: $35,000

Floorplans look great.

Re:

That train will be very noisy.

Anyone know what the distance between the train between and the east facing units in new building will be? From google satellite it seems the RW lofts have some parking at the rear which further seperates the building from the noisy trains somewhat... So I am curious if any similar buffer has been put in place with this new building? The outdoor space is south I think not east...

In addition, I assume there must be some kind of noise deterrent ie. special grade windows/doors/etc being put in place on the new building - especially with the new 7.5 minutes/day trains... and at the lady who lived at RW lofts - I hope the choochoo comment was a joke and these trains are not the whistling ones...

They say occupancy is summer next year - somehow I doubt that from the pictures provided by the previous poster (thanks for doing that by the way)

All in all, its a great hood and I like proximity to the park! I had considered the ones on Howard Park (phase 1) - but I was concerned about the street car noise... in retrospect.... agh.

Anyone know what the distance between the train between and the east facing units in new building will be? From google satellite it seems the RW lofts have some parking at the rear which further seperates the building from the noisy trains somewhat... So I am curious if any similar buffer has been put in place with this new building? The outdoor space is south I think not east...

In addition, I assume there must be some kind of noise deterrent ie. special grade windows/doors/etc being put in place on the new building - especially with the new 7.5 minutes/day trains... and at the lady who lived at RW lofts - I hope the choochoo comment was a joke and these trains are not the whistling ones...

They say occupancy is summer next year - somehow I doubt that from the pictures provided by the previous poster (thanks for doing that by the way)

All in all, its a great hood and I like proximity to the park! I had considered the ones on Howard Park (phase 1) - but I was concerned about the street car noise... in retrospect.... agh.

They may use better windows on that side but trust me, it won't be that great. The code will call for minimum windows and the builder will use just that. I was looking at a new unit in distillery and it was much further away from the train tracks than this building. The train was LOUD even with the windows closed. The builder also used special sindows on that side.

that unit sat on the market for a very long time and I don't even think it got sold.

DSC_0974.JPG

Wow. This is too stupid for words. The back windows of this building are going to be 20 feet away from rail lines running diesel engines every 7.5 minutes! Who's buying these units? Do they know what they're in for?

Attachments

• DSC_0974.JPG
    DSC_0974.JPG
    656 KB · Views: 1,329
That's the back wall of the excavation, not of the building. 383 Sorauren's back wall will be roughly in line with Robert Watson Lofts'.

That's the back wall of the excavation, not of the building. 383 Sorauren's back wall will be roughly in line with Robert Watson Lofts'.

Thank you.. that is what I was wondering. But the pictures floating around of the top of the building do not seem to show any space behind (its more in line with the 20ft picture HAWC posted)... isnt there some code about how much of a setback these buildings must be from the rail corridor?

Any RW lofts occupants/visitors know how loud it gets now? Assuming the above is correct where the backwalls are in line - then they must experience the loud trains now but just not as often.

Re: Who is buying - I am considering it (assuming any units left) because I love the area, and in the UK and my flat was very close to Overground and I got used to it... but I was younger and usually slept in a somewhat inebriated state :( not so much now.

I wish I had a crystal ball or more money to afford the Howard Park ones or even better a house.

Appreciate the insight.

Actually I think this shows the building doesnt go all the way to the perimeter of the property..... I assume the back wall is where the visitors bike storage ends here.
View attachment 46484

Attachments

• arch-03.jpg
    arch-03.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 841
Thank you.. that is what I was wondering. But the pictures floating around of the top of the building do not seem to show any space behind (its more in line with the 20ft picture HAWC posted)... isnt there some code about how much of a setback these buildings must be from the rail corridor?

Any RW lofts occupants/visitors know how loud it gets now? Assuming the above is correct where the backwalls are in line - then they must experience the loud trains now but just not as often.

Re: Who is buying - I am considering it (assuming any units left) because I love the area, and in the UK and my flat was very close to Overground and I got used to it... but I was younger and usually slept in a somewhat inebriated state :( not so much now.

I wish I had a crystal ball or more money to afford the Howard Park ones or even better a house.

Appreciate the insight.

I'd think long and hard about this if I were you. I personally can't see how the train won't be a problem even with "reinforcements". Condos today are built pretty cheaply. You're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars here...while the train may not be a problem for you....it can be a problem for buyers when the time comes to sell.

Ground plan. Building outline is the black-dashed outline over the back driveway. Closest rail is the light gray double dashed diagonal lines at the far right.

383Ground.jpg

Attachments

• 383Ground.jpg
    383Ground.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1,255

Back